New Tool Helps Colorado Contractor Trackle Tough Ground Conditions
- Welding for the Underground. Mandel, Richard // Welding Design & Fabrication;Jun2006, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p18
The article focuses on the tunnel boring machines from Robbins Co. The tunnel boring machines are designed initially from two-dimensional computer-aided design drawings, which allow engineers to fit together the job specific for each machine. The different components of the machine include...
- Equipment spotlight. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p12
Introduces various equipment and supplies used in underground construction and drilling and boring. Includes Pow-R Mole Model PD-4 Hydraulic Pusher/Puller; HYDRAUL-EZ borehole stabilizer and lubricant; BORE-GEL boring fluid.
- Micro HDD finds unique niche. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;May98, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p25
Focuses on the need for micro horizontal directional drilling units in the underground construction industry. Features of the equipment; Popularity of the compact drilling machines in Europe.
- Drilling fluid for salt water environments. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep98, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p80
Features Wyo-Ben Inc.'s contaminant-resistant bentonite drilling fluid. Specifications of the fluid; Benefits to projects in areas exposed to sea water and salt-contaminated environments.
- Mud recycling for mid size rigs. // Underground Construction;Sep98, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p81
Features American Directional Drill MCM-1800 mud recycling machine from American Augers Inc. Specifications; Capabilities; Design.
- Sweet Spot" Engineering. Nero, Don Del // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Dec2011, p12
The article discusses various aspects of the underground boring and construction industry. It also offers tips to choose the right underground technology and machinery while reducing risks to a project and stresses on the need to have a licensed geotechnical engineer or engineering geologist on...
- Barbco. // Underground Construction;May2012, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p22
The article offers brief information on the 24-100 Auger Boring Machine from Barbco Inc.
- Akkerman. // Underground Construction;May2012, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p22
The article offers information on the GBM 240A jacking frame from Akkerman Inc.
- The Robbins Company. // Underground Construction;May2012, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p22
The article offers brief information on the Robbins Small Boring Unit (SBU-A) from Robbins Co.