Study finds ductile Iron pipe, joints outperforms others in earthquakes
- ITC Says Yes To Chinese Fittings Probe. // Supply House Times;Feb2003, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p16
Reports on evidence concerning the U.S. International Trade Commission's investigation of dumping of malleable iron pipe fitting by the People's Republic of China. Material injury to U.S. producers; Complaint filed by Anvil International and Ward Manufacturing; Public hearing.
- Al dente's inferno. Long, M. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Apr91, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p226
Interviews actor Michael Tucker on his cooling abilities.
- AMERICAN to Supply Karegnondi Water Authority Project. // Modern Casting;Feb2014, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the spiral welded and ductile iron pipes that will be supplied by pipe developer American Cast Iron Pipe Co. for the Karegnondi Water Authority pipeline project in Michigan in 2014.
- RESTRAINED-JOINT DUCTILE-IRON PIPE. // Journal: American Water Works Association;May2008, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p167
The article evaluates the Flex-Ring restrained-joint ductile-iron pipe from American Cast Iron Pipe Co.
- Mississippi Pipeline Boasts Record Installation Of Ductile Iron Pipe. // Underground Construction;Jul2012, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that a 1,640 feet of 36-inch pipe from American Cast Iron Pipe installed below the surface of Sowashee Creek in east Mississippi marks the longest length of this size ductile iron pipe ever installed using horizontal directional drilling (HDD).
- Ductile Iron: Not Just For Open Cut. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p2
Discusses the value of ductile iron pipe. Use of ductile iron pipe in horizontal directional drilling (HDD) and pipebursting; Emergence of utilities as a viable HDD equipment market; Areas to be addressed by HDD contractors.
- Ductile Iron Proves Effective With HDD, Pipebursting. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p12
Discusses the use of ductile iron pipe in horizontal directional drilling (HDD) pipebursting. Methods of installing restrained joint ductile iron pipe with HDD equipment; Quality and superiority of ductile iron pipe; History of ductile iron pipe. INSET: A long history of service.
- STATISTICAL APPROACH FOR DESCRIBING FAILURES AND LIFETIMES OF WATER MAINS. Jianhua Lei; Sægrov, Sveinung // Water Science & Technology;1998, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p209
Details a statistical approach for describing failures and lifetimes of water mains, which is based on pipe inventory data and the maintenance data registered in the data base. Higher probability of failures of unprotected ductile iron pipes than other materials; Average lifetime of unprotected...
- Tough terrain makes pipe installation difficult. // WaterWorld;Jan2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p46
Reports on the installation of a ductile iron pipe water main in Pinedale, Wyoming. Funding of the project; Details of the installation process.