New OSHA training emphasizes workers' rights
- Training requirements. Eckhardt, Bob // Concrete Products;Jul97, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p16
Presents training program guidelines for typical concrete production plants from the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) voluntary training program model. Includes determination of training needs; Goals and objectives setting; Identification of learning activities;...
- Revisions Strengthen Outreach Training Program. // Foundry Management & Technology;May2011, Vol. 139 Issue 5, p34
The article offers information on the revision of the voluntary Outreach Training Program by the federal Occupational Health and Safety Administration in the U.S.
- Time For A REFRESHER COURSE? Cuevas, Rudy // Food Logistics;Sep2009, Issue 116, p22
The article focuses on the training required by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for any employees who will operate a lift truck. OSHA mandates re-evaluation and recertification of all lift truck operators at least once every three years. In relation to this, most...
- OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard. Mason, James L. // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/1/86, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p118
Presents a speech by James L. Mason, president of Interactive Medical Communications, delivered at LaserActive '86, Boston, Massachusetts, October 9, 1986. Implications of the hazard communications standard issued by The U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration; Success of Japan in...
- Practicum. // Training & Development Journal;Sep84, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p8
Discusses developments concerning training and development in the U.S. as of September 1984. Description of the training program packages offered by Club Corp. of America; Private sector courses at the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's training institute; Image of the consulting...
- Hex-chrome training offered. // Contractor Magazine;May2007, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the release of a training program called "Hexavalent Chromium Awareness" by Coastal Training Technologies Corp. to help companies conform with U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) updated standard on hexavalent chromium. The program is available on...
- OSHA Says: Don't Fudge Operator Training. Knill, Bernie // Material Handling Management;Dec2000, Vol. 55 Issue 13, p32
Focuses on the compliance directive issued by the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration for powered industrial truck operator training standards. Requirements of the compliance directive; Importance of training; Instruction for compliance officers.
- Fire Extinguisher Training. Balint, Simon; O'Donnell, Ryan // Professional Safety;Oct2009, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses a fire extinguisher safety program that teaches and prepares employees for a fire emergency which is required by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) in the U.S. It states that a fire extinguisher safety program should have several features and hands-on...
- Grantee-Produced SH&E Training Materials Available Online. // Professional Safety;Jun2010, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p25
The article reports on the availability of the Susan Harwood Training Grant Program online after the Occupational Safety & Health Administration posted it in the U.S.