EPA Issues Clean Watershed Needs Report To Congress
- The Truth is Out There. Nick, Moretti // Pollution Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1
Presents information on pollution control in the U.S. Goal of the magazine 'Pollution Engineering'; Overview on the Environmental Protection Agency Region 5 meeting; Reports on the use of brownfield sites.
- DfE's Green Chemistry Program. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jun1997, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p41
Presents information regarding the US Environmental Protection Agency's Green Environment Program. Focus on the reduction on the use of toxic substances associated with a particular process; History; Goals; Phases of the Green Chemistry Challenge.
- Pollution ruling benefits insurers and policy holders. Schachner, Michael // Business Insurance;8/30/93, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p1
Discusses implications of a federal appellate court's ruling that says the federal government cannot bill private companies for the cost of overseeing private pollution cleanups. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) entitlement to reimbursements under Superfund law; Details of `United States...
- NEPT: Helping Those Who Help The Earth. Spomar Jr., John // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));May2003, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p56
This article focuses on the views of the author who is a charter member of the United States Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) National Environmental Performance Track (NEPT) program, He had the honor of being invited to Region V headquarters in Chicago for an informational seminar on the...
- Proposed NSR rules spell relief for maintenance projects. Roth-Evans, Bill // Electric Light & Power;Aug2003, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the proposed New Source Review rules by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Clarification of the routine maintenance, repair and replacement exemption; Calculation of the annual facility-wide allowance for maintenance activities; Regulation of the power generation industry.
- New Agency Enforces Pollution Control Legislation. // Wood & Wood Products;Mar2003, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p11
Presents an excerpt from the March 1971 issue of 'Wood & Wood Products' magazine about the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's enforcement of pollution control legislation. Agency's responsibility for research, standard setting and enforcing legislation concerning environmental hazards.
- Toward greater public participation. // Environmental Action;Fall95, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) proposed scenarios for pollution cleanup. Common Sense Initiative (CSI) which seeks to change environmental regulations and programs; Project XL in which industries can submit proposals that will grant regulatory flexibility to test...
- Indoor Air Quality. // Indoor Air Quality -- SW;2010, p1
Improving outdoor air quality has been a high priority in the United States since the Clean Air Act was signed into law in 1970. The European Union has also been an active force in anti-air pollution efforts. But while governments in many parts of the world have been busy regulating ambient air...
- Texas Air Permit Update. // Pollution Engineering;Aug2011, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on the announcement of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regarding the application for approve air permits agreed by the flexible permit companies in Texas, helping to achieve clean air in the state and providing for regulatory certainty.