Smart metering gets boost from stimulus funds
- Honeywell buys into 'smart' technology. // Process Engineering;Sep2015, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p21
The article reports on industrial processes and solutions provider Honeywell's plans to buy advanced utility metering technologies supplier Elster.
- Untitled. // Utility Week;9/28/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p25
The article deals with the latest issues in Great Britain pertaining to a smart water meter, electricity and energy.
- Smart grid for smart meters. // Computer Weekly;12/8/2009, p6
The article offers information on the plans of the British government related to the replacement of their gas and electricity meters with 47 million smart electricity grids over 10 years at a cost of 10 billion pounds.
- Solid-state meters help utilities protect revenue. Stephens, George // Electrical World;Feb95, Vol. 209 Issue 2, p40
Reports on revenue protection features of solid-state utility meters. Record of the number of occurrences of a selected event by counters; Time stamp as a register of the time and date of a selected event; Communications.
- Modem technology reduces remote reading costs. Lundy, Neil // Modern Power Systems;Jan98, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p49
Discusses several methods of reading utility meters. Remote data reading of electricity meters via a telephone line; Power line carrier methods; Use of line powered modems.
- The residential meter: Key automation device. // Electrical World;Apr98, Vol. 212 Issue 4, p51
Discusses metering automation in the United States, and how this technology can increase efficiency and reduce operating costs. Automation at Landis & Gyr Utilities Services Incorporated; Criteria driving the design of the automated meter.
- Booknote. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;June97, Vol. 211 Issue 6, p9
Reports that as of December 1 1996 more than 10.2 million automated meter-reading (AMR) units were deployed by 840 utilities in 1024 AMR projects. Largest deployment numbers for gas utilities; The study produced under the direction of Howard A. Scott.
- Wireless remote meter reading. Fassett, Anne M.; Bazzy, Jared // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov95, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p22
Reports on BellSouth Corp.'s development of the cellemetry wireless remote meter reader.
- 7. Glossary of Prepayment Metering Terms. // Prepayment Metering Report;2005, Vol. 1, p49
Presents a glossary of prepayment metering terms.