A 'Real World' Process
- SOIL CONDITIONING AND GROUND MONITORING FOR SHIELD TUNNELLING. OGGERI, Claudio; VINAI, Raffaele // Revista Minelor / Mining Revue;2012, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p2
Soil conditioning consists of mixing and remolding the natural material during the mechanical excavation of tunnels, generally at low depth, with additives, in order to obtain suitable properties of plasticity and consistency for the excavated material, so becoming able to apply a...
- Always A Need For Education. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Sep2009, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p4
The author reflects on the need for educational programs of the underground construction industry in the U.S. He argues that educational program, particularly the UCT Educational Program, is the best partner of the industry since it will help industry professionals determine the essential...
- UCT: Industry Benchmark. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Dec2004, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p4
The article focuses on the Underground Construction Technology (UCT) International Conference & Exhibition that emerged from a concept in 1995 with lofty ideals, a strong sense of mission and ambitious goals. Incredulous critics scoffed at the mere idea of lumping contractors, engineers and...
- NASSCO Continues Special PACP Training At UCT. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Dec2004, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p46
The article focuses on a special two-day, pre-conference training and certification program, organized by NASSCO and the Water Research Center to be held on January 23-24 in Houston. The program Pipeline Assessment and Certification Program (PACP) held in conjunction with Underground...
- Contractors Round Table. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Feb99, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on a discussion of contractors in the United States addressing issues affecting underground construction in the country. Views on operator qualification regulations; Concerns over the shortage of skilled underground construction employees; Safety issues addressed.
- Meet the Attendees. // Underground Construction;Aug2010, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p31
The article presents the attendees of the 2010 Underground Construction Technology (UCT) International Conference & Exhibition including the contractors, utilities and consulting engineers to stay in touch with manufacturers and to learn about new technologies particularly in the rehabilitation...
- Standards Raise Quality Of Utility Locates. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Apr2003, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the improvement of training standards for contractors in the U.S. Estimation of the number of contractors involved in locating underground facilities; Implementation of the damage-prevention program to protect underground utilities; Procedures for locating pipelines.
- 2015 LARGE Directional Drilling Rig Census. Green, Chantel // Underground Construction;Nov2015, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p37
No abstract available.
- EDUCATION. // Underground Construction;Dec2012, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p42
The article offers information on the several programs that will be conducted in the Underground Construction Technology International Conference and Exhibition (UCT) to be held in Houston, Texas from January 29-31, 2013. It mentions that the Underground Utilities Construction program will...