Millionaire action man
- Sea of change. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;06/08/2001, Issue 5241, p24
Features the Durham Pine Co. in Great Britain. Reorganization of the company; Role of founder John Marshall in Durham Pine; Developments in the company.
- An actor's life for John? // Cabinet Maker;12/12/97, Issue 5068, p41
Speculates on an acting career for John Marshall, head of the Durham Pine company.
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;12/20/2002, Issue 5318, p29
Reports developments and events in the furnishing industry in Great Britain as of December 2002. Recognition of La Galleria store; Details on the Grand Centenary draw of the Furnishing Trades Benevolent Association; Retirement of John Marshall as agent at Quitmann's Agency.
- Credit card setback. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p5
The article focuses on the failure of John Marshall, former chairman of DP Furniture Express, to secure a deal for a credit card provider. It is a great setback for Marshall. He wanted to reconstruct a furniture chain following the administration of DP Furniture Express. He expected to establish...
- Marshall to switch DP to the franchise route. // Cabinet Maker;9/24/2004, Issue 5407, p3
Reports that John Marshall, chairman of DP Furniture, is franchising more than 90 percent of its stores to increase the motivation of managers to compete in the market.
- Grabbing a piece of the action. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p9
The article presents discussion on new developments in home furnishing industry. Five of biggest franchisees of DP Furniture Express, a furniture company, have opted to go it alone. Company's chief executive officer John Marshall's plans, made public in September 2004, to franchise 90% of his...
- This week. // Cabinet Maker;08/14/98, Issue 5101, p6
Cites the financial performances of Durham Pine's furniture store in Stirling, Scotland during the week starting August 1, 1998. Trading across the 56 store chain.
- Fabulous night for Durham Pine. // Cabinet Maker;3/15/2002, Issue 5278, p25
Highlights the annual gala dinner of the furniture company Durham Pine in Great Britain. Presence of the employees and owners of the company in the celebration; Number of prizes presented to manufacturers and franchisers; Enumeration of the winners from the awards night.
- Gateshead store dares to be different. // Cabinet Maker;9/2/2005, Issue 5454, p5
Reports on the new opening of a distribution center for DP Furniture Express in Gateshead, England. Features of the new store; Statement of company chairman John Marshall on the significance of the new establishment for DP's centrally-owned shops; Coverage of the Gateshead distribution center.