Draw up a binding contract
- Keeping risk at a distance. Moran, Michael // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p10
Reports on British regulations designed to provide protection to consumers who purchase from retailers through distance selling. Information required from retailers who sell to customers at a distance; Rights of consumers to cancer orders.
- SLOTTING CONTRACTS AND CONSUMER WELFARE. Wright, Joshua D. // Antitrust Law Journal;2007, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p439
The article examines the competitive effects of slotting contracts to commercial markets and retail sectors in the U.S. It starts by discussing the standard economic theories of slotting contracts and by describing their evident effects to market conditions. It likewise presents empirical...
- What's in a Name? De Marco, Donna; Lemke, Tim // Insight on the News;7/30/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p30
Discusses issues on online privacy among consumers in connection with the data collection practices of retail companies in United States (U.S.). Discussion on consumer information; Consumer database developed by retail industry; Internet regulations stipulated in Fair Credit Reporting Act;...
- Shortsighted attitude from the Government. // Cabinet Maker;09/17/99, Issue 5155, p8
Criticizes attitude of the Government toward businessmen in Great Britain. Price sensitivity of consumers; Impact of the Research International report on retailers; Effect on the economy.
- RETAIL SPACE FOR LEASE? CHAIN STORES NEED NOT APPLY--Part 2. Blaesser, Brian W.; Twardowski, Timothy C. // Retail Law Strategist;Jan2007, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on the rationales for regulating formula businesses. It offers practice tips for retailers to consider when the government is contemplating adopting a formula business ordinance. It is noted that the purpose for regulating formula businesses is a desire to protect both the...
- Not enough being done to promote RDR, poll finds. // Fundweb;5/9/2012, p15
The article presents information on an opinion poll by Fundweb.co.uk on retail distribution review (RDR), the regulation, due to come into force at the end of the year. The poll found that majority of the respondents about 81.5% do not believe enough is being done to promote the RDR to...
- 'Regulations', Not Code Of Practice, In Competition & Consumer Protection Bill. // Checkout;Apr2014, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p6
The article presents the views of Ireland's Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation Richard Bruton on the enactment of the Competition and Consumer Protection Bill which was published in March 2014 for the retail industry.
- Sale of Goods Act modernised. // Accountancy;Feb1995, Vol. 115 Issue 1218, p100
Reports on the revisions of Great Britain's Sale of Goods Act. Enhancements of consumers' rights; Law Commission's recommendations made in 1987.
- Cashback capers. // Choice;Feb2009, p20
The article offers information on the controversy on the cashback scheme in Australia. It mentions that there were many consumers who bought several items but they never make a claim for their cash refund. Several reasons for the potential traps in the scheme are mentioned including the loose of...