Whitehead debuts three sofa designs
- Furniture with a split personality. // Cabinet Maker;02/02/2001, Issue 5223, p12
Discusses trends in sofabed design. Development of mechanisms that provide easier solutions to reverting sofa to bed and vice versa; Utilization of fold out arm cushions to add additional seating; Addition of storage solutions; Use of more attractive fabrics.
- Art Deco Salvador steals the show. // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2001, Issue 5257, p7
Features the Salvador sofa from Lloyd Furniture in Great Britain. Source of the sofa design; Availability of the sofa cover in a number of colorways; Launch of the Angelina and the Bellini models.
- Flexible friends. Millar, James // Cabinet Maker;1/17/2003, Issue 5320, p39
Features several multifunctional furniture. Design of the glass console table from Greenapple; Description of the Kube range from The Holding Company; Comfortability of the Nuovoliola sofabed from Clei.
- WESTBRIDGE FURNITURE. // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2011, Issue 5761, p42
The article offers brief information on the Marvin sofa from Westbridge Furniture Designs Ltd.
- Shaping the future. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;2/20/2004, Issue 5376, p62
Describes the fabric upholstery of sofas and chairs presented at The Furniture Show in Great Britain. Corner sofa with metal legs; Bright colors with contrasting accents; Classical shapes; Fabric and leather combination; Upholstered rattan; Leather and soft fabric.
- Sofas. // Good Housekeeping;May2007, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p97
This article offers guide on choosing sofas. A sturdy frame means a long-lasting sofa. Avoid frames made of particle board, plastic, or metal because they may warp and crack. To test frame strength, lift one front corner or leg of the sofa off the floor. A frame with joints connected by any of...
- Occasional sources score with color, scale options. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;10/29/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p24
The article reports on the occasional and accent sources furniture category gaining good market shares in the U.S. It states that the two category continued to meet the market regardless of their price point. It cites that occasional category reported success by pairing with slim sofa tables...
- Fabric upholstery. // Cabinet Maker;3/3/2006, Issue 5477, p14
The article presents pictures of and information on fabric upholstery products which are available in Great Britain. Included are De Sede's sofa designed by Thomas Althaus with buttonback cushions and angular arms, Lido sofa designed by Zed for Moltini, Mont Blanc tweedy fabric from Recor,...
- FURNITURE. MILLER, JUDITH // Sixties Style;2006, p186
Several photographs of furniture design of the 1960s are presented including a green polyester chair, Marshmallow sofa and rectangular sectional tables.