Art Deco Salvador steals the show
- Whitehead debuts three sofa designs. // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2001, Issue 5257, p7
Reports the launch of a trio of sofas by Whitehead Designs in Great Britain. Feature of the Art Deco inspired Buxton sofa; Design of the Oxford Low Back on Legs sofa; Sizes of the Dena on Legs sofa.
- Furniture with a split personality. // Cabinet Maker;02/02/2001, Issue 5223, p12
Discusses trends in sofabed design. Development of mechanisms that provide easier solutions to reverting sofa to bed and vice versa; Utilization of fold out arm cushions to add additional seating; Addition of storage solutions; Use of more attractive fabrics.
- Flexible friends. Millar, James // Cabinet Maker;1/17/2003, Issue 5320, p39
Features several multifunctional furniture. Design of the glass console table from Greenapple; Description of the Kube range from The Holding Company; Comfortability of the Nuovoliola sofabed from Clei.
- WESTBRIDGE FURNITURE. // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2011, Issue 5761, p42
The article offers brief information on the Marvin sofa from Westbridge Furniture Designs Ltd.
- Sofas. // Good Housekeeping;May2007, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p97
This article offers guide on choosing sofas. A sturdy frame means a long-lasting sofa. Avoid frames made of particle board, plastic, or metal because they may warp and crack. To test frame strength, lift one front corner or leg of the sofa off the floor. A frame with joints connected by any of...
- Landscape furniture. // Architectural Record;Jul2003, Vol. 191 Issue 7, p218
Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola has had her hands full designing several new pieces for Moroso as well as its new, expanded stand left vacant by B&B this year. Urquiola's new Highlands sofa is a modular seating system with an emphasis on movement and verticality. Armrests and backs have two...
- Shaping the future. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;2/20/2004, Issue 5376, p62
Describes the fabric upholstery of sofas and chairs presented at The Furniture Show in Great Britain. Corner sofa with metal legs; Bright colors with contrasting accents; Classical shapes; Fabric and leather combination; Upholstered rattan; Leather and soft fabric.
- Occasional sources score with color, scale options. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;10/29/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p24
The article reports on the occasional and accent sources furniture category gaining good market shares in the U.S. It states that the two category continued to meet the market regardless of their price point. It cites that occasional category reported success by pairing with slim sofa tables...
- FURNITURE. MILLER, JUDITH // Sixties Style;2006, p186
Several photographs of furniture design of the 1960s are presented including a green polyester chair, Marshmallow sofa and rectangular sectional tables.