From Babies to Balls of Oil, Reputations Need Protecting, Too
- How to manage your reputation: think of yourself as a brand. Baker, Jennifer // Grocer;2/28/2015, Vol. 238 Issue 8194, p62
The article offers the author's tips for managing reputation which include thinking as a brand, raising profile within organisation, and demonstrating and communicating value.
- Self-insuring risks seen as best route for giant company. Marley, Sara // Business Insurance;5/29/95, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p43
Focuses on the risk management strategy of the British Petroleum Co. PLC. Company's reliance of risk management on shareholders; Criticisms against the inadequate service from insurers; Benefits from the company's risk transfer management.
- Best of Reputationline. Chowney, Vikki; Traynor, Damian // New Media Age;9/16/2010, p07
The article presents opposing views on whether BP's increased spending on online advertising following the oil spill disaster has a positive or a negative impact on the company's reputation.
- The Next Frontier in Internet Security. Ascher, David S.; Soldano, Patricia H. // Trusts & Estates;Aug2012, p40
The article discusses Internet security and ways to protect a high-net-worth client's online reputation and privacy as of August 2012, focusing on a proactive approach to mitigate the risks associated with client privacy in relation to the Internet. The risk to an individual or company's...
- Who cares about brand reputation? // Marketing Week;11/10/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p26
The author discusses the obscurity of brand reputation wherein he cites the business condition of BP PLC after being considered as entirely responsible for an environmental disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. He notes that the company is one example of a growing trend in which brands openly flout...
- Mind the reputation gap. Megaw, Gavin // PRWeek (London);9/16/2011 Corporate Reputation, p23
The article discusses the reality that a company's reputation is damaged due to failure over many years to operationally live up to its publicized expectations. British Petroleum's (BP) disastrous reputational implosion was reportedly due to a reputation gap between the firm's external claims...
- Protecting your profile in a code red situation. // Brand Strategy;Nov2006, Issue 207, p44
This article presents an interview with the leading communications employees in Great Britain. When asked about their views on reputational risk, one answered that it needs to be addressed by the whole company to be more effective. Another claimed that communications people have the skills that...
- Reputation Mechanism Design in Online Trading Environments with Pure Moral Hazard. Dellarocas, Chrysanthos // Information Systems Research;Jun2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p209
This paper offers a systematic exploration of reputation mechanism design in trading environments with opportunistic sellers of commonly known cost and ability parameters, imperfect monitoring of a seller's actions, and two possible seller effort levels, one of which has no value to buyers. The...
- Risks to a company's reputation emanate from many sources. Hunt, Kristin Gunderson // Business Insurance;5/12/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p24
The article discusses reputational risks faced by companies. The importance of reputation to a company is explained. Reputational risks can result from events the company controls directly or indirectly, and prevention is the best way to control those risks. To mitigate risk, a company should...