ON THE WEB
- New Courses in Medical Relief Readiness. // ASRT Scanner;Dec2014/Jan2015, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p51
The article offers information on the Medical Relief Readiness education series of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists as of December 2014 that includes six courses designed to prepare radiologic technologists for travel to remote places.
- Are You Ready? // ASRT Scanner;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p37
The article presents a list of safety and disaster readiness tips and advice as of November 2013. It highlights the importance of having a family disaster plan and the need to practice it. Home disaster preparedness tips are presented including the need to memorize important telephone numbers...
- codeReady: Keeping People and Government Prepared in Minnesota. Campion, Michael // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p6
The article presents information on codeReady, the emergency preparedness public information campaign of Minnesota with its own identity and its own website. Accordingly, the campaign is aimed at promoting personal and family emergency preparedness and is aligned with the federal Ready campaign....
- How prepared are nation's hospitals? // Hospital Employee Health;Sep2011, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p103
The article discusses a survey on hospitals' ambulatory medical care, which examined their emergency readiness, and revealed that most hospitals had emergency response plans to address natural disasters and epidemics, and about 80 percent had plans that covered nuclear or radiological accidents.
- Center evacuates patients and staff. // Same-Day Surgery;Dec2010, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p142
The article focuses on the evacuation procedure of the Farmington Surgery Center at the University of Connecticut Health Center. The facility evacuated staff and patients during September 2010 due to a smell coming from an overheated and deteriorated computer battery.
- Disaster preparedness provided in a postgrad degree. // Australian Nursing & Midwifery Journal;Jul2015, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p11
The article outlines a Master of Disaster healthcare offered by Flinders University in partnership with the National Critical Care and Trauma Response Centre (NCTRC).
- Accessible privacy and security: a universally usable human-interaction proof tool. Sauer, Graig; Holman, Jonathan; Lazar, Jonathan; Hochheiser, Harry; Feng, Jinjuan // Universal Access in the Information Society;Aug2010, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p239
Despite growing interest in designing usable systems for managing privacy and security, recent efforts have generally failed to address the needs of users with disabilities. As security and privacy tools often rely upon subtle visual cues or other potentially inaccessible indicators, users with...
- Catch the Wave. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2006, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p50
The article reports on the advancement of security camera technology in security management. Security cameras do not only provide security, but also practical solutions for non-security related applications. Some of these applications are in web connection in which live videos are delivered to...
- Web of Trust. // Network Dictionary;2007, p523
A definition of the term "Web of Trust" in relation to security systems is presented. It is the trust that surfaces when a user begins to trust other signatures, and the signatures that they trust.