The Chemical Safety Train
- Dow files suit against Union Pacific. // Plastics News;3/23/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Midland-based Dow Chemical Company of Michigan, against Union Pacific Railroad Company (UP) of Omaha, Nebraska. Circumstances surrounding the lawsuit; Estimation of the cost of service disruptions by Dow Chemical; Where the lawsuit was filed; Comments from John...
- Take my business--please! Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Sep2004, Vol. 205 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the difficulties encountered by the railroad company Union Pacific in the U.S. in 2004. Factors that contributed to the business slowdown of the company; Impact of the increase in demand for rail transportation on the company; List of initiatives drafted by the company to achieve...
- Chemical Shippers Sue Union Pacific In Dispute Over Liability Provision. // U.S. Rail News;7/15/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p7
The article reports on the lawsuits filed by chemical shippers against Union Pacific Railroad Co., requesting a court order to stop Union Pacific from enforcing the liability provisions on its clients in Utah. The Chlorine Institute and the American Chemistry Council explain that Union Pacific's...
- SHORT LINES. // U.S. Rail News;6/17/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p6
The article offers updates on issues related to railroad industry in the U.S. Employment and financial statistics shows that the economic downturn for the country's railroad industry appears to have slowed in June 2009. Intermodal shipper Hub Group Inc. is shifting about 90% of its domestic...
- WORLD NEWS. // Railways Illustrated;Sep2005, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p38
Reports developments related to railways and train transportation industry in the U.S. Theme of the paint on the Union Pacific SD40-2 No. UP3300, the locomotive that have been servicing as the head-end of a freight on the joint line through Monument near Colorado; Result of the test on the...
- Dow: Fine-Tuning for Perfection. // Occupational Hazards;Oct2002, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p57
Details the industrial safety program at Dow Chemical facilities worldwide. Design of the program; Elements to the success of the program; Impact of the program on the injury rate within the company.
- Special Initiatives. // Occupational Hazards;Oct2002, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p57
Cites the initiatives for the safety program at Dow Chemicals facilities worldwide. Implementation of incident information sharing among the facilities; Provision of incentive scheme for behavior-based safety; Role of the purchasing department in the works of the safety department.
- Dow Promotes Safety Mind-Set in Future Chemical Workforce. // Professional Safety;Jul2013, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p16
The article offers information on the web site Dow Lab Safety Academy, which is a digital learning environment created by Dow Chemical, located at http://safety.dow.com.
- Tardy Union Pacific gathering stream. Esposito, Frank; Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;2/9/1998, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p4
Reports that Union Pacific Railroad Company is improving delivery speeds of plastic products. Information on Union Pacific's average train velocity; Views of plastics and chemical industry officials; Creation of methods to measure service quality.