The Chemical Safety Train
- UP, Dow Sign Safety Pact. Boyd, John D. // Traffic World;3/19/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 11, p28
The article reports on the safety agreement signed by Union Pacific Railroad and Dow Chemical Co. This effort is intended to curb risks of shipping the deadliest types of hazardous materials and fully deploy a new-era tank car to more safely carry those loads in 10 years. It focuses on greatest...
- Union Pacific close to settling Dow and Carbide suits. Morris, Gregory D. L. // Chemical Week;7/29/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 28, p12
Focuses on the lawsuits settled by Union Pacific Railroad Co. against Dow Chemical Co. and Union Carbide company. DuPont company's lawsuit against Union Pacific; Struggle between shippers and carriers.
- UPRR settles Dow lawsuit, claims service improvements. Richards, Don // Chemical Market Reporter;08/03/98, Vol. 254 Issue 5, p5
Reports that Union Pacific Railroad Co. (UP) has settled a lawsuit with Dow Chemical Co. Damages sought by Dow from UP for alleged poor service; Pending lawsuits against UP; Restrictions on UP imposed by the Surface Transportation Board.
- UP's double trouble. Burke, Jack // Traffic World;03/23/98, Vol. 253 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on traffic problems faced by Union Pacific Railroad in March 1998, and on a lawsuit which Dow Chemical brought against the company. Damages sought for service failures; Failure of negotiations to resolve problems between the two companies. INSET: UP to raise $1 billion for improvements.
- Houston roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/23/98, Vol. 253 Issue 12, p37
Reports that Dow Chemical Co. has filed a lawsuit against Union Pacific Railroad asking for payment of damages suffered in connection with the breakdown in the railroad service.
- Dow steps up to sue the UP over rail congestion. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;3/25/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the lawsuit that the Dow Chemical company has filed against the Union Pacific Railroad (UP) company to recover costs incurred as a result of UP's chronic congestion in Texas. Claims made by Dow Jones against UP; Comments from UP.
- Dow files suit against Union Pacific. // Plastics News;3/23/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Midland-based Dow Chemical Company of Michigan, against Union Pacific Railroad Company (UP) of Omaha, Nebraska. Circumstances surrounding the lawsuit; Estimation of the cost of service disruptions by Dow Chemical; Where the lawsuit was filed; Comments from John...
- Dow: Fine-Tuning for Perfection. // Occupational Hazards;Oct2002, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p57
Details the industrial safety program at Dow Chemical facilities worldwide. Design of the program; Elements to the success of the program; Impact of the program on the injury rate within the company.
- Special Initiatives. // Occupational Hazards;Oct2002, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p57
Cites the initiatives for the safety program at Dow Chemicals facilities worldwide. Implementation of incident information sharing among the facilities; Provision of incentive scheme for behavior-based safety; Role of the purchasing department in the works of the safety department.