Door Openers and Operators
- Check garage-door safety. // Consumer Reports on Health;Mar1997, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p29
Emphasizes the need to take steps to minimize the risk posed by automatic garage doors to small children or pets. Regular maintenance of reversal mechanism; Proper placement of activation buttons.
- Safe, compliant door automation. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Aug2015, p30
The article discusses the non-compliant automated doors in large industries and the great risk they pose of injury or entrapment to person and damage to property and also mentions that the compliant automated commercial doors that offer safety features.
- Open the Door to Access Control. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2000, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p13
Presents a quiz on the installation and use of electronic access control systems for exterior doors. Installation requirements; Examples of contactless access control; Effects of dirt on access card readers.
- Butler fits all applications. // Glass Age;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p28
Reports the launch of Titon Commercial's Butler, a concept in electronic door access control. Use of a key-ring type transmitter; Impossibility that the device will be illicitly scanned; Access control for diverse applications.
- Finding the right speed. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Aug2012, p24
The article offers information about the automated high speed doors, which provides a reliable barrier against the unwanted heat or cold and helps in controlling the conditions of factory and warehouse in Australia. It states that using automated door also helps the company in reducing the...
- Safety rules for automatic doors. // Building Design;7/26/2013, Issue 2071, p24
The article focuses on the European standard EN 16005, which is dedicated to protect pedestrians from accidents caused by the design and installation of automatic doors. It states that the standard will facilitate cross-border trading as well as served as the first formalised pan-European...
- "Taped-over" presence sensor contributes to automatic-door injuries. // Machine Design;6/9/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p17
The article discuss the safety risks associated with automatic doors by way of an example about a woman who suffered injuries as a result of a malfunctioning automatic door in a big-box store. Topics include a presence sensor that an employee had tampered with, management of safety violations,...
- Reliability Analysis of Metro Door System Based on FMECA. Xiaoqing Cheng; Zongyi Xing; Yong Qin; Yuan Zhang; Shaohuang Pang; Jun Xia // Journal of Intelligent Learning Systems & Applications;Nov2013, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p216
The metro door system is one of the high failure rate subsystems of metro trains. The Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) method is applied to analyze the reliability of metro door system in this paper. Firstly, failure components of the door are statistically analyzed, and...
- Automatic Changes. PEREIRA III, JULIUS // Journal of Property Management;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p31
The article discusses the personal safety issue of an automatic door for both building owners and property managers in the U.S. It states that the automatic doors should passed on the requirements mandated by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) wherein its is installed and adjusted by an...