People Tracking: Who, What and Where Are You?
- Motorola MC3090-Z. // eWeek;1/18/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p50
The article evaluates the MC3090-Z radio frequency identification (RFID) handheld reader solution from Motorola Inc.
- Paper transponder cuts RFID costs. // Design News;1/8/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p52
Offers a look at the radio frequency identification (RFID) technology developed by International Paper Co. and Motorola Inc. Industrial application of RFID; Features of RFID; Functions of RFID.
- New RFID technology works without wire antenna. Burnell, John // Automatic I.D. News;Apr99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p18
Features Motorola Inc.'s BiStatix radio frequency identification (RFID) technology designed for wireless read/write data transmissions. Functions; Key specifications; Applications and positioning. INSET: Lab installs RFID system for temperature monitoring.
- Motorola, w0z promise to make RFID personal. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Feb2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p7
Reports on Motorola and Wheels of Zeus' creation of a partnership to develop and distribute wireless systems in the United States. Key features of the wireless systems; Difference between the wireless system and most Radio Frequency Identification systems; Potential applications for...
- Strong signal. Hoffman, William // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/9/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p28
This article reports on the implications of the move by Motorola Inc. to acquire Symbol Technologies for $3.9 billion. The deal is expected to radically invigorate and expand the market for supply-chain track-and-trace technology. The deal could give Motorola the chance to break down the...
- Global RFID Consortium Formed. // Material Handling Management;Dec2007, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p6
The article announces the joint licensing of ultra high frequency (UHF) radio frequency identification (RFID) system by a new RFID Consortium organized by seven companies. Under the arrangement, patents essential to the practice of UHF RFID owned by the participants will be made available to...
- Packaging Meets RFID--Finally. Witt, Clyde E. // Material Handling Management;Jun2000, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on the use of radio frequency identification (RFID) in the material or packaging industry. Memorandum of understanding between International Paper (IP) and Motorola over the use of BiStatix or smart labels; Mechanics of BiStatix's radio emitting signals; Benefits of the BiStatix...
- RFI-Details. Wells, Anna // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Jun2009, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p30
The article presents information related to technology improvements that are pushing a resurgence in RFID (radio frequency identification). Motorola Inc.'s Mike Maris reported that one of the big areas in technology improvements of RFID is battery management, and also the memory capabilities on...
- A fabulous way to go fabless. // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2006, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the development of technology known as printed electronics by a Motorola laboratory to cut the cost of producing radio frequency identification (RFID) tags. Cheap substrates such as paper or plastic can be used as material to print transistor circuits on. The printed...