Poor Sister No More: Access Enters Spotlight, Again
- Access to Europe. // International Fire & Security Product News;Jun2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the growth of the European access control market. Value of the market; Effects of the European Working Time Directive on the demand for time and attendance-based systems; Factors behind the growth of the market.
- Five Minute Tech Quiz. Pollack, Roy // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p117
A quiz concerning access control devices and security systems technology is presented.
- The Bs: Barriers, Booths, Badges. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p26
Provides tips on how to protect facilities from unauthorized vehicles and visitors in the U.S. Emergence of blast-resistant guard booths; Relevance of visitor identification systems and more versatile guard tour systems; Design of the Sky Watch mobile tower.
- Building the ARCHITECTURE OF ACCESS. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p109
The article focuses on electronic access control systems in the U.S. Distributed access control systems are recommended over centralized systems. Some manufacturers offer Web-hosted access control where a company's access control system is managed by a third party. Diagrams showing dual door...
- EXIT TRIM FITS MOST BRANDS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p124
The article introduces Kaba Access Control's E-Plex 5000 Series which is offered in a Universal Exit Trim model for rim exit devices. It describes the key features and benefits offered by the devices.
- Lockedâ€¦But Is It Secure? Ahrens, Sean A. // Government Security;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses potential threats to building security caused by the practice of "lock bumping." Lock bumping allows anyone to access keyed locks with a minimum of skill and costs. A discussion of how lock bumping is done, as well as suggestions for maintaining a building's security system...
- PROJECT INTEGRATION: THE ALARM ADVANTAGE. Engebretson, Joan; Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p66
Focuses on the role of an alarm system in an integrated security system in the U.S. Options for integrating alarm and access control system; Connection of the alarm and access control system that are integrated at the software level; Improvement in the alarm and access control system through the...
- 9 TRENDS IN PRODUCT DISTRIBUTION. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p85
The article focuses on trends in the distribution of access control products in the U.S. More security system dealers are now handling access control. There is a rise of a recurring revenue model for access control. There is also a need for greater product training. Greater dealer loyalty is...
- Intelligent access network. // International Fire & Security Product News;Apr2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p18
Provides information on the access control products of CEM. Information on the AC2000 security management system with Ethernet cased card readers; Features of the DCM two-door controller.