Is Cyber Your Biggest Threat?
- ICSA International. // Keeping Good Companies (14447614);Sep2013, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p468
An introduction to an article which discusses managing cyber risk through sensible risk management is presented.
- Enterprisewide Software Comes Into Focus. Best, Bill // Quality;Jan2010, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p40
The article focuses on the use of enterprisewide solutions and software by companies such as server systems and locally installed solutions. It states that these software enables companies real-time tracking of manufacturing and financial records and transactions. It says that these can also be...
- Corporate security: Forewarned is forearmed. Bosco, Pearl // Buildings;Mar1994, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p42
States that proactive companies make security of their corporate assets part of their business plans. Assurance of a reasonable level of security to avoid legal liability; Ranges of corporate assets; Recommendation of checking the contractor's financial background and strength to complete a...
- Senior executives fretting over business risk management. Chapman, Christy // Internal Auditor;Oct95, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p8
Reports that corporate executives in the United States are acknowledging that there is considerable room for improvement in their companies' management of business risk. Integrated approach based on in-depth personal interviews; Factors that are reshaping the way corporations view business...
- Understanding Risk. Curran, Michael W. // Cost Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p17
Part I. Explains the role of risk management in corporate decision-making. Belief of senior managers on risk management; Consequences of risk mismanagement; Approaches in understanding risk management.
- Applications of Technology and Risk Management. Thorn, Michael E. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Fall2002, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p4
Explores the applications of technology and risk management in business operation. Directions of the entire concept of productions and operations management; Need for a risk management plan in any program; Approaches for dealing with the risk inherent in technological change.
- Risk called key part of any reengineering effort. Howard, Lisa S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/10/94, Vol. 98 Issue 41, p17
Reports on the importance of risk management in the reengineering efforts of business enterprises. Dealing with the changes of reengineering; Assessment of the potential financial risk associated with changing business processes.
- Recognize threats and manage your risk. Grill Jr., Norman G. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/28/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p16
The author discusses the importance of risk management in businesses and the various approaches to enterprise risk management (ERM).
- Many multinationals are failing to plan for all contingencies. Shapiro, Stacy // Business Insurance;11/6/95, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p3
Reports on studies showing multinational companies in Great Britain fail to plan for contingencies. Companies' treatment of the importance of data processing facilities to their business; Risk management strategies by several companies.