No Paradise in these Dashboard Lights
- English Replacing Police Radio Codes. Remmers, Jerry // Moderate Voice;12/28/2009, p7
In this article the author reflects on the move of the police department to replace its radio dispatch codes with common English in the U.S. He is critical on the changes made by the police department and the regulations adopted by other states to reduce the radio dispatch communications lingo...
- Two-way dealers can expand with 911. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2005, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p50
The article discusses how two-way radio dealers can benefit indirectly from the growth in cellular subscribers in the United States. According to the author, two-way radio dealers can profit indirectly from the growth in cellular subscribers by providing 911 enhanced emergency communication...
- Watch this space. Meczes, Robin // Commercial Motor;2/9/2012, Vol. 217 Issue 5470, p46
The article focuses on the close-circuit television (CCTV)-based telematics system, Global Live, in Great Britain. It mentions that the vehicular security monitoring system was originally developed for military applications. It adds that the system features two-way voice communications and...
- Time for change. Matthews, David // Roads & Bridges;Dec2006, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p8
The article presents news briefs on the automobile industry as of December 2006. A study conducted by researchers from the University of Illinois revealed that automobiles get lower gas mileage when they have to carry more weight. A smart-road technology that uses two-way communication devices...
- Qualsomm offers QTRACS. // Refrigerated Transporter;Nov2004, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p22
Reports on Qualcomm Wireless Business Solutions Europe's offer of QTRACS, a Web-based interface to EutelTRACS mobile communications system. System to help trucking companies manage two-way data communication with their fleets; Other key features.
- Two-Way Communications Can Beef Up Contractor Productivity. Skipper, G. C. // Construction Bulletin;2/4/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 5, p20
Discusses the significance of two-way communication in contractor productivity in the U.S. Emphasis on construction applications by several major developers of communication equipment; Comments by Tim Lewis, QualComm's senior director of business development, on the importance of communication;...
- THE QSL REPORT. Van Horn, Gayle // Monitoring Times;Mar2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p29
A list of the verified international broadcasts is presented, which includes Radio 9 de Julho 9820 kilohertz (KhZ) of Brazil, French Guiana's Radio Japan/NHK World relay and Voice of Russia 12060 kHz.
- Why PC vs. TV question doesn't matter. Donaton, Scott // Advertising Age;11/14/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 48, p26
Opinion. Comments on the argument concerning the emerging dominant interactive medium in the information highway. Television versus personal computer (PC); 500-channel concept; Interaction with computer online services and CD-ROMS; Technical glitches and false starts of interactive television...
- Aim for 2-way communication. // Communication Briefings;May2014, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p5
The article presents steps on how to establish two way communication channels for managers and employees including utilization of brief-back, inviting employees for a outside gatherings, and the relevance of asking questions.