International Security SOS
- Every Link in the Chain. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p28
The article focuses on the strategies undertaken by companies to address security threats and risks in the U.S. Bill Anderson, group director of Ryder System Inc. reveals that they are implementing a broad-range of supply chain and security solutions. It also mentions the initiative of Airberg...
- The Security Leader, The Business Leader. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2013, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p20
The article presents several companies in the U.S. that employed Chief Security Officers (CSO). These includes the DTE Energy Co. hired Michael Lynch as its CSO because of his leadership expertise and knowledge of the DTE business. It cites that Bill Anderson of Ryder System Inc. joined the...
- Ryder expands aviation business with Braniff, Trump contracts. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/3/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p52
Discusses the overhaul and engine repair contracts Ryder System, Inc., recently won from Braniff, Inc., and the Trump Shuttle. The new business represents a concerted effort by Ryder to expand its involvement in the aviation sector. 1988 revenues and assets.
- Ryder System going nowhere? La Monica, Paul R. // Financial World;9/16/96, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p27
Reports on Ryder System Inc.'s announcement of a buyer for its consumer rental division. Focus of the company on the rapidly growing logistics division; Possible bidders and price for the division; Effect of the sale on the value of Ryder stocks.
- Ryder managers predict aviation units will show moderate growth in 1990. Kolcum, E.H. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/26/90, Vol. 132 Issue 13, p77
Reports that a lack of aircraft sales, a depressed market for used parts, and a reduction in parts inventory combined to slow growth in Ryder System's aviation business last year, but the company's managers predict moderate growth in 1990. Various Ryder business areas; 1989 earnings and area...
- I-15 reconstruction forces Ryder to build new rental, maintenance facility. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;07/14/97, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the relocation of Salt Lake City, Utah-based Ryder Transportation Services due to the reconstruction of Interstate 15. Plan to construct a regional rental and maintenance facility; Significance of its Salt Lake City facility.
- Ryder undergoing major restructuring. // Frozen Food Age;Mar1997, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on a restructuring plan of Ryder System Incorporated of Miami, Florida. Benefits of the plan; Comments from Anthony Burns, president, chairman and chief executive of the company; Disposing of the 200 facilities; Effects of the disposition.
- U.S.-Mexico Ryder Aims South. // Export Today's Global Business;Oct2000, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p76
Reports on the facilities of Ryder System Inc. in Texas to integrate Mexico-bound service into Ryder's United States network. Foreign Trade Zone operation in San Antonio; Transportation Management Center in Dallas-Forth Worth's Alliance Industrial Park.
- Ryder taps DMB&B. Gazdik, Tanya // Adweek Southeast Edition;01/05/98, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
Presents information on the selection of an advertising agency to handle its $20 million account by Ryder. Identification of the company chosen; What the account requires; Reference to U-haul, a leading consumer truck contender.