SIA - an Association for Security
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLING SERVICES: RMR in the 'Cloud' Age. Hodgson, Karyn // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2011, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p50
The author discusses the important role of cloud computing in improving the recurring monthly revenue (RMR) used by security system dealers and integrators in the U.S. He explains how the framework enables integrators to harness the power of virtual servers and off-site storage facilities to...
- Managing Security Projects. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2004, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p74
Focuses on the Certified Security Project Manager (CSPM) program of the Security Industry Association in the U.S. Scope of the program on the growing technical complexities of security projects; Aim of CSPM to promote professional excellence for project managers in the security industry;...
- High industry confidence reported. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p203
Reports the business condition of the manufacturing members of Security Industry Association as of August 1999 in the United States. Highlights on projected product sales, orders and product production; Installation of security systems as the most frequently cited action city dwellers to...
- Business Security Execs At Heart of Unique February Forum. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p26
Focuses on the Alliance 2000 security systems industry forum on Amelia Island, Florida. Security Industry Association as sponsor; Manufacturers' statement of their commitment to corporate and commercial security customers; Influence of corporate buyers as the overall theme of the forum; Contact...
- Setting the Standard for Quality. Stepanek, Laura E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep99, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p63
Examines industry standards that impact the performance of all security systems dealers in the United States. Security Industry Association's sponsorship of a Standards Program; Requirements for product development; Improved profitability; Need for dealers to get involved in the formation of...
- Trade Group Creates Homeland Security Advisory Council. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2002, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p19
Focuses on the formation of Homeland Security Advisory Council of the Security Industry Association in Alexandria, Virginia. Membership requirement; Assistance of member companies in dealing customers in the homeland security area; Development of issue papers covering topics of homeland security.
- An Educational Hub. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2013, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p42
The article announces that the ISC West's education program has been renamed SIA Education @ ISC to reflect the Security Industry Association's (SIA) involvement in growing and evolving education dedicated to security technology.
- SIA Honors Night Celebrated Partnerships Across the Industry. Dollarhide, Maya // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2015, p22
The article reports on the Security Industry Association (SIA) Honors Night which recognizes the significant contribution of the industry to the society in the U.S. on November 19, 2014.
- 2013 SIA Government Summit. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2013, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p37
The article offers information on the 2013 Government Summit of the Security Industry Association (SIA) to be held at the W Hotel in Washington, D.C. from June 4-5.