Who's Guarding the Schools?
- Fusing old, new alarm systems gets boost with receiver. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug98, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p73
Looks at the integration of old and new security measures at the central monitoring station of the University of North Carolina in Wilmington's Police Department. Police information network from AT&T used primarily for debit by students; Replacement of the 1950s alarm receiver with the 9500...
- College intranet balances easy access, tough security. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep98, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p129
Describes the intranet infrastructure installed at Pennsylvania State University to allow secure access to a wide variety of information services. Expert system used in the university; Requirements in accessing the system; Level of security offered by the system.
- IT'S IN THE CARDS. Kennedy, Mike // American School & University;May2000, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p66a
Offers a look at the plan of schools such as the Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon to install an electronic access-control card system to safeguard students and property. Benefits from the electronic system; How it works; Other possible functions of the access-control card system.
- It's a New Campus Security World. Califano Jr., Frank J. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2005, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p30
Presents a survey by FJC Security Services Inc. regarding security directors at school campuses in the U.S. Scope and coverage of the survey; Challenges faced by campus security directors; Views on security in school campuses.
- Taking a Proactive Campus Approach. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p40
The article features the security management of the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The university serves 16,000 students in the main campus. The Department of Residence Life is the one tasked in providing a premier physical, social and cultural environment....
- Retrofit with Finance Card. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2008, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p52
The article focuses on the effort of Texas A&M University (TAMU) to impose a specified centralized system that enables decentralized control in College Station, Texas. Careful research helped TAMU to accomplish access control while avoiding additional implementation expenses. The system uses...
- UC Irvine Modernizes Security with Integrated Fire & Notification System. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p125
The article announces that the University of California Irvine campus will be modernizing its security systems with integrated fire & notification system. One of the several companies that submitted proposal to the University of California is Smart Systems for a new fire and mass notification....
- Controversy On The Campus. Dumke, Glenn S. // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/15/69, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p332
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Glenn S. Dumke, chancellor of the California State Colleges, before the Town Hall of California in Los Angeles on February 18, 1969, which deals with the need for peace and order inside the campus.
- 'Crime is not welcome' // Finance Week;6/14/2004, p40
Deals with the safety and security in the campus of the University of Pretoria in Lynnwood, South Africa. Partnership formed by the university with various institutions to ensure the security of students; Purpose of the court established by the university; Various security measures implemented...