Public and Private Security: Bridging the Gap
- Risk transfer, design driver. Gillespie, Declan // PFI Report;Jun2002, Issue 64, p23
Explores developments in project scoping and risk transfer in private finance initiative (PFI). Cornerstone of the PFI; Ways to mitigate risks facing a contractor bidding for a project; Functionalities of the Simple Modular Architecture Research Tool for the decision making process; Advantages...
- BIBLIOGRAPHY. Kennedy, Christopher; Corfee-Morlot, Jan // OECD Environment Working Papers;11/23/2012, Issue 46, p67
The sources cited within this issue are presented including the documents "Plan or React? Analysis of Adaptation Costs and Benefits Using Integrated Assessment Model," "Private Sector Engagement in Adaptation to Climate Change: Approaches to Managing Climate Risks" and "Private Private...
- How to tap team spirit. Leece, Patrick // Public Finance;12/20/2002-1/9/2003, p19
Comments on the factors influencing the success of public-private partnership in Great Britain. Application of the principles of team work; Functional relationship between the private and public sectors; Management and allocation of risk within the relevant contracts.
- A Strong Safety Net Encourages Healthy Risk-Taking. HACKER, JACOB S. // American Prospect;May2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on the value of a strong economic safety net to risk management in the U.S. The necessity for creating a new public-private partnership that extends the fundamental underlying principle of the New Deal is stressed. It points out the shift in the risk and responsibility in...
- ACC Takes Actions to Safeguard Plants From Terrorist Attacks. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;3/31/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the collaboration between the American Chemistry Council and the government to safeguard facilities from terrorist attacks in Washington. Implementation of comprehensive security programs; Improvements made to the communication systems; Contact with law enforcement officers to...
- PAY FOR SUCCESS PROGRAMS: AN INTRODUCTION. Von Glahn, Drew; Whistler, Caroline // Policy & Practice (19426828);Jun2011, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p19
No abstract available.
- Project Partnering: A Medium for Private and Public Sector Collaboration. Manley, T. Roger; Shaw, Wade H.; Manley, Robert C. // Engineering Management Journal;Jun2007, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
This article describes the authors' experience with an approach to partnering. It describes lessons learned while facilitating partnering on large-scale construction projects and an assortment of other projects ranging from aerospace industry projects to government agencies to firms of...
- Managing Catastrophe Risk. Kleindorfer, Paul R.; Kunreuther, Howard // Regulation;2000, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the study conducted by the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania on the implications of risk mitigation measure (RMM) on the management of catastrophes in the United States. Statistical models of catastrophic sites used in the study; Effects of mitigation measures on total...
- Risk analysis and probability. Blyth, Carolyn // Public Private Finance;Oct2002, Issue 67, p15
Focuses on the negotiations of a private finance initiative project in Great Britain. Opportunities for risk transfer; Management of risk.