Tough times for farmers
- Farming--new realities. Gawith, Andrew // Chartered Accountants Journal;May99, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the need for farmers to improve production and marketing methods in order to survive New Zealand's low inflation economy. Need for focus on earnings rather than capital gain; Movement from bulk to boutique production; Farmers' acceptance of low current returns.
- Things are looking up down on the farm. Hall, Terry // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec1999, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p49
Focuses on developments related to agriculture in New Zealand as of December 1999. Weather conditions' effects on farms; Increase in farms' expenditures; Increase in number of lamb crop; Increase in number of cattle.
- Glimmers of hope. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p49
Provides information on the economy of New Zealand focusing on the agricultural sector. Difficulties faced by the New Zealand government in trying to convive farmers of the benefits of deregulation; Discussion of the impact which deregulation would have on the income of farmers; Details on...
- Managing change where to next? Stone, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;May99, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p11
Focuses on decision-making as the key to improving the agricultural sector's financial status in New Zealand. Importance of personal, feed and financial reserves; Increasing of property values through improvements; Increasing of amenities through reinvestment.
- Through a muddy crystal ball. Goldson, Stephen // Future Times;2005, Vol. 2, p13
Presents an article on speculations on the economy of New Zealand as of 2005. Global upheavals that has something to do with scientific foresight; Information on pastoral farming in New Zealand; Details regarding science planning.
- Lease or purchase. // Chartered Accountants Journal;May2002, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on R. Newcombe's article "The Fuel for Our Economy," discussing the dependence of New Zealand's export on plant growing sector, published in the October 2001 issue of the periodical "NZ Business".
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: New Zealand;Nov2007, p4
The article presents information of the economy of New Zealand. The country's economy depends mainly on exportation with excellent agriculture system. Leading products are dairy products, meat, fruit and vegetables, fish wool and lumber products. The Uruguay Round of Trade Negotiations benefited...
- A Brighter Future. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p49
Offers a look at the business and economic condition in New Zealand. Positive outlook for the farming sector; Upward trend in the housing market; Economic impact of a change in migration flows; Condition of the hotel and tourism industries.
- Changing international competitiveness and trade: Recent experience in New Zealand agriculture. Sandrey, Ron A.; Scobie, Grant M. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p1041
Focuses on New Zealand's economic liberalization program as a case study of the impact of reforms on competitiveness. Appreciation of the exchange rate due to economic reforms; Trauma to agriculture from decreased subsidies.