Diagnosing a Defective TXV
- Coolant leakage. // Motor Age;Mar95, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p70
No abstract available.
- Relief valve saves $72,000 of refrigerant for Ontario college. // Engineered Systems;Oct96, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the Mohawk Community College facilities staff's installation of a relief safety valve. Benefits of saving refrigerant from being vented; Background on the problem with a disk rupture.
- Application-specific valve choices required for harsh environment. Harrison, Andy // Pulp & Paper;Feb94, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p47
Discusses the importance of valves in the manufacture of pulp and paper. Importance of proper valve maintenance; Cost-effective maintenance guidelines for valves; Types of valves used in papermaking.
- How to fix a water fill valve. Toth, Steve // Popular Mechanics;Oct96, Vol. 173 Issue 10, p110
Discusses how to repair a water fill valve on a dishwasher. Effect of a malfunctioning valve on the flow of water.
- Try a spring-loaded check valve for your next tight situation. Fiedrich, Joe // Contractor Magazine;Jul96, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p34
Emphasizes the advantages plumbing contractors can get from using a spring-check valve. Three most common type of check valves. Elimination of short circuiting problems; Water movement based on system design; Limited installation position.
- Replace reversing valves without burning them up. Wheeler, Jim // Contractor Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p48
Provides some guidelines for replacing reversing valves effectively. Best way for removing old reversing valves; Unbrazing instructions; Secrets to brazing a new valve; Reversing valve tips.
- Mobile pump and valve repairs. // European Power News;Sep98, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p37
Features the James Walker Maintenance Kit which contains all the equipment needed to fix gland leaks on pumps and valves.
- Teach Tips for Thermostatic Expansion Valves. Strouboulis, Michael; Robinson, Max // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/11/2000, Vol. 211 Issue 15, p18
Offers technical tips for thermostatic expansion valves (TEV). Parts of a TEV; Function and mechanism of action; Distinct components of superheat with respect to valve operation; Measurement of superheat; TEV installation; Adjustment and setting of superheat; Superheat problems; Problem solving.
- Coping with valve emission regulations. Foszcz, Joseph L. // Plant Engineering;Jul94, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p58
Discusses ways to cope with valve emission regulations in the plant engineering industry. Valve emission standard; Effect of process pressure and temperature, ambient wind conditions, detector intake flow rate and probe tip cleanliness on valve emission readings; Biggest stem seal leak factors.