- Business logos get a boost from new dispensing technique--`doming'. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/29/97, Issue 322244, p10
Reports on a logo dispensing technique called `doming.' Logo recognition as a marketing tool for companies; Applications of domed interior and exterior emblems.
- Trade marks on the balance sheet. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jun98, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p5
Reports that the Institute of Trade Mark Agents (ITMA) is calling for further action by the Accounting Standards Board to ensure that trade marks, brand names and other intangible assets are featured in company accounts. Comments from Jeremy Pennant, chairman of Laws and Practice Committee of...
- There's a lesson for marketers in the war of the ballpoint pens. Lans, Maxine S. // Marketing News;10/25/93, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p11
Outlines lessons reviewed from the US Supreme Court's review of the legal battle between rival pen companies regarding trademarks. Difficulty of protecting a trademark based on a common word; Preventing the use by others of company mark even if briefly; Requirements for a trademark infringement...
- Analyzing trade dress doctrine. Wachspress, Eric S. // Packaging Digest;Dec94, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p18
Analyzes recent developments concerning trade dress rules and issues in the United States. Procter & Gamble suit vs. F&M Distributors for trade dress infringement of Pantene Pro-V shampoo packaging; Basics of trade dress doctrine; Tips for avoiding trade dress infringement problems.
- Office professionals: Keepers of the trademark. Tristani, Nina // Secretary;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the use and importance of company trademarks. Uses of trademarks; Impact of improper use of trademarks; Formats; Guidelines in the development of trademarks.
- Trade names & trade marks. // Playthings;1997/1998 Buyer's Guide, Vol. 95 Issue 12A, p99
Presents a directory of trade names and trade marks.
- European trademark process eased. Ehlers, Kristin M. // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/10/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p17
Reports on the easing of the European trademark process for companies doing business in Europe. Adoption of `Community trademarks'; Effect on national trademark registrations; Permission of opposition to the registration of Community trademarks.
- Make your mark. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p46
Gives advice on registering, use and establishing policies on protecting the company's trademark.
- One-stop trademark shopping in Europe. // Packaging Digest;Mar96, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p20
States that the European Community (EC) Trade Mark Office will be opened on April 1, 1996. Impact of the opening on trademark applications; Details on trademark registration.
- Making Your Mark Through Branding. Buss, Dale D. // Nation's Business;Oct98, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p27
Presents information on how to create an impression on consumers through branding. Remarks from Susan Lee, owner of Leonine Entertainment Inc.; What the practice of branding entails; Reference to companies with successful branding methods. INSET: To Learn More.