- A pig's tale. Moore, John Hammond // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Autumn98, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p72
Reflects on the use of barbecue recipes in the 18th and 19th centuries in various countries, referencing to barbecued delicacies of South Carolina. Complexity of the history of barbecued dishes, a favorite of native-born South Carolinians, newcomers and tourists; Circumstances surrounding the...
- Barbecue, Argentine style. // Bon Appetit;Oct92, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p90
Describes the traditional Argentine barbecue, or `asado,' given by Patricia and Rick Barrow at their Woodbyrne Farm (Silver Springs, Maryland). The Barrows often entertain visiting polo teams and are particularly fond of the Argentine team. Wine fruit punch; Herbed beef empanadas; Grilled leg...
- American barbecue for six. Kaplan, Karen; Kidd, Kristine // Bon Appetit;Aug94, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p38
Presents American barbecue recipes for six. Marinated Flank Steak With Horseradish Sauce; Corn, Cherry Tomato, Arugula and Blue Cheese Salad.
- The barbecue bandwagon. McCue, Nancy // Prepared Foods;Aug95, Vol. 164 Issue 9, p103
Focuses on the popularity of barbecued foods. Advantages of barbecued products; Cookery; Salsa as a common accompaniment to smoked meats; Different meats being barbecued.
- The grill of it all. Cohen, Leslie // Vegetarian Times;Jul93, Issue 191, p34
Discusses grilling as an alternative to oven cooking. Benefits of grilling; Foods which can be grilled; Recipes and cooking procedures; Pacific rim menu; Indian tandoori menu; Italian menu. INSETS: Grilling tips.;Glossary (food terminology)..
- Grill talk. LaMalle, Cecile // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul93, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p80
Presents several recipes involving grilling. Marinades and dipping sauces; Salsas and sauces; Honeyed Sweet and Sour Sauce; Grilled Fish; Warm Grilled Scallop Salad with Grilled Tomato Vinaigrette; Mexican Shrimp in Southwestern Seasonings; Peanut Crusted Salmon; More.
- Great grills. Lyons, C. // Ebony;Jun1990, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p72
Presents many recipes for grilled meats, fish, and vegetables. Herb-marinated chuck roast; Bourbon barbecued ribs; Lemon basil shrimp; Vegetable kabobs; More.
- Grill crazy. Carter, W. Hodding // Men's Health;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p68
Presents an overview of the basic tips and techniques for having a pleasant barbecue or grilling experience. Basic utensils; Difference between grilling and barbecuing; How to use a chimney starter; Convenience of gas grill; Creating a searing pile and cooking pile of charcoal; Techniques for...
- Barbecued & grilled: Hot! Bellamy, Gail // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul97, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p82
Focuses on the increasing popularity of barbecuing in the United States. Request by the National Barbecue Association for the introduction of a barbecue stamp; Criteria by the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee for the creation of stamps; Details on barbecuing including its origins; Different...
- Q&A. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Sep2012, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p217
The article an answer to a question about barbecue in the U.S.