Regional preferences rule
- Fish-fries still reign. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p66
Presents information on several seafood dishes that are served in universities and colleges in the U.S. Seafood soups that are included in university menu; Recommended sauces to serve with fish; High-end seafood dishes that are considered popular in catering.
- A highly versatile protein. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p99
Reports the status of seafood consumption at universities and colleges in the United States. Usage of fish on meals at Bates College in Lewiston, Maine; Estimate on the number of university purchases of seafood.
- Growing campus demand. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p60
Focuses on the popularity of seafood dishes in universities in the U.S. Discussion on the increase in the demand for seafood dishes; Information on seafood procurement at Fox University; Discussion on the environmental program at Princeton University called Greening Princeton.
- SIX WAYS TO NET MORE Seafood Sales. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Feb2003, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p52
This article presents information related to various seafoods. Cooking instruction for globally-inspired dishes like rainbow Trout Calypso, Mediterranean Cod, Plum Vinaigrette et al., that showcase the bounty and diversity of the seafood are provided. Seafood is often the perfect canvas to...
- WITH RECIPES & CREATIVITY: Fishing for answers. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p52
Focuses on the fish and seafood offerings in the U.S. Technique used by the University of California in fish preparation; Procedures in cooking the campfire salmon at Vanderbilt University; List of Web sites that offer fish recipes.
- Comfort's New Converts. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p37
The article focuses on the food service at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas, which included ld-time comfort foods. According to Mary Molt, assistant director of dining services at the university, comfort foods have been substantial to the school's food service program. She cited...
- Sustainable Seafood on Menu at UMass-Boston. // Food Management;Jan2014, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on the sustainable seafood program for the dining operation at the University of Massachusetts-Boston managed by the food services firm Sodexo SA in collaboration with Red's Best Seafood, which works with fishers for giving information on fishes with quick response (QR) code.
- One Fish, Two Fish. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Apr2009, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p54
The article presents several fish sandwich recipes that are known in the U.S. According to Heidi Gereighty, director of Dietary and Food Services Children's Hospital in Los Angeles (LA), the best selling seafood sandwich in LA is Fried Catfish Po' Boy, followed by the Fried Shrimp Po' Boy. Tony...
- SHRIMP KILLER ISOLATED. // BioScience;10/1/1970, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p1071
The article reports that Vibrio parahemolyticus, a microorganism that kills Gulf brown shrimp in the U.S., has been found isolated by Texas A&M University researchers led by Carl Vanderzant, professor of animal science. He stresses that this organism which is well known in Japan, has the...