Rice gains menu-share
- Wild or tame, fragrant or flavorful, rice is nice. Schepers, Anastasia // Environmental Nutrition;Jan1996, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p2
Features flavorful types of rice. Aromatic; Brown; Enriched long-grain; Parboiled; Short-grain; Wild; Preparation and storage tips. INSET: Brown bests white..
- Nice Rice. Slater, Eve // Restaurant Business;04/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p64
Provides the results of the Italian Culinary Institute for Foreigners' (ICIF) International Rice Recipe Competition. The significance of an ethnic grain with American attitude.
- New horizons for rice. LaBell, Fran // Prepared Foods;Jan96, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p49
Reports on new horizons for rice. New meaning of value-added rice products; Target consumers for rice-based products; Other products from broken rice.
- Wild rice. Sletto, J. // Country Journal;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on wild rice, an annual aquatic grass known as `Zizania aquatica,' that grows in rich, mucky soil in shallow lakes, marshes and streams. Flourishes in southern Canada and Minnesota; Growing conditions; Cultivated wild rice; Harvesting. INSET: Processing wild rice.;Wild rice recipes..
- Rice-wise. // Tufts University Diet & Nutrition Letter;Dec93, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p2
Reports on several details regarding rice. Amount of rice consumed by the Japanese each year; Rice as a dietary staple; Quiz containing eight questions regarding rice.
- An authentic staple. Krizmanic, Judy // Vegetarian Times;Nov92, Issue 183, p12
Introduces Jasmine Rice from Fantastic Foods. Home-cooked Thai meals; Properties of Jasmine Rice; Varieties.
- Effect of husk morphology on grain development and topography in rice Srinivas, T.; Raju, G. N. // Economic Botany;Jul/Sep1991, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p429
No abstract available.
- Philippines. // Asian Pacific Post;4/10/2008, p28
The article covers various issues in the Philippines as of April 2008 including the $.17 billion investment released by President Gloria Arroyo to address rice crisis, the failure of firefighters to save the Immaculada Conception Church in Oslob, Cebu from fire and the investigation of two...
- Shopper's guide to rice. // Better Homes & Gardens;Feb1993, Vol. 71 Issue 2, pM8
Explains the various types and processing methods of rice. White rice; Converted rice; Instant and quick-cooking rice; Brown rice; Aromatic rices; Wild rice.
- All about rice. Jeffery, R.; Hayes, J.L. // Country Living;May92, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p119
Traces the culinary history of rice. Origins in the Far East; Diverse varieties; Current use in America; Tips on cooking rice; Sample recipes for rice main-dishes, salads and desserts; Health information. INSET: Reading about rice (rice cookbooks).;Rice by mail..