New push on universal breakfast
- Newswire. // Dairy Field;Nov98, Vol. 181 Issue 11, p8
Reports that US Agriculture Secretary Dan Glickman has asked foodservice providers to offer students nonfat milk to reduce weight problems among youngsters.
- Friendly rivals talk ag issues, politics at Kansas State Fair. Griekspoor, P. J. // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Oct2012, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p8
The article offers the insights of U.S. Republican Senator Pat Roberts, and Democrat Senator Dan Glickman on various agricultural issues in the U.S., discussed at the Kansas State Fair. According to Roberts, postponement of the farm bill should not be blamed to anyone, and the House considering...
- Three School-Milk Suppliers Indicted on Price-Fixing Charges. Pitsch, Mark // Education Week;9/4/1991, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p40
The article reports on the U.S. legislative bill that seeks to allow the Department of Agriculture, which supervises the national school lunch program, to exempt meat-topped pizzas from federal meat-inspection rules. The said legislative measure would enable pizza retailers to obtain a large...
- Passing the gavel. Gatty, Bob // National Provisioner;Feb95, Vol. 209 Issue 2, p22
Profiles Agricultural Secretary Dan Glickman. Responsibility for representing the administration in the formulation and passage of the 1995 Farm Bill; Food industry associations which believe in his capability; Interest in the government's grain pricing program.
- Former Kansas Congressman Glickman. Goodrich, Lawrence J.; Nordahl, Peter E. // Christian Science Monitor;3/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 80, p2
Reports that conformation hearings for former Congressman Glickman commence on March 21, 1995, for the post of Agriculture Secretary.
- David vs. Goliath? Bernstein, Amy // U.S. News & World Report;11/2/92, Vol. 113 Issue 17, p16
Reveals that in the home district of Rep. Dan Glickman (D-Kan.), Multimedia Cablevision has been airing 30-second `editorials' attacking the eight-term incumbent on ten different cable channels ten times a day. Glickman, who voted to reregulate the cable television industry, has demanded, but...
- Glickman nomination delayed. // American Nurseryman;4/1/95, Vol. 181 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the delay in the nomination of Dan Glickman as the US Secretary of Agriculture. Ethics questions on former secretary Mike Espy; Questions about the credit card issued by the Democratic National Committee to Glickman; Other Agriculture Department officials under investigation.
- Intel reform. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/26/1993, Vol. 138 Issue 17, p19
Quotes Rep. Dan Glickman (D-Kan.), new chief of the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, that US intelligence counternarcotics operations are `a management disaster,' but that fighting harder against proliferation and drugs means cutting `rather considerably' in other areas. Glickman...
- Nomination delayed. Stanglin, Douglas; Fenyvesi, Charles // U.S. News & World Report;2/13/95, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p30
Comments on the delayed nomination of former Rep. Dan Glickman as agriculture secretary. Background check being conducted on the nine-term lawmaker; Problem involving a credit card that sources say was issued by the Democratic National Committee.