How cruiseline f/s is performing
- 2000: Food purchases climb 11% as cruising grows. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p59
Examines the performance of the cruiseline food service business in the U.S. according to the '2001 Cruiseline Foodservice Industry Census Report' of the 'FoodService Director' magazine. Rate of increase in food purchases; Food costs; Developments in cruiseline food service.
- How cruiseline f/s is performing. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p77
Presents the 1996 survey of the food service industry performance in the cruiseline industry. Continuation of consolidation and expansion in the cruiseline industry; Comparison to the 1994 survey; Comments from Diana M. Orban, president of Orban Association. INSET: About the survey..
- CHARTING A COURSE TO FREEDOM: CRUISE LINES CREATE DINING REVOLUTION. Fiss, Mary Lassen // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p36
Deals with the food service offered by ocean cruise lines in the U.S. to its passengers. Statement from Pete Tobler, vice president of food and beverage operations for Norwegian Cruise Line & Orient Lines; Details on the foods served by cruise lines; Dining options offered by cruise lines to...
- ON DESTINY CLASS SHIPS: Carnival floats vegetarian options in foodsvc. upgrade. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p104
Looks at the foodservice programs of cruise company Carnival Cruise Lines. Growth rate of the cruiseline industry in the United States; Information on the Nautica Spa Fare program of the company; Details on the vegetarian option provided by the company.
- TOP FIVE SPECIALITY RESTAURANTS. // Travel Weekly (UK);11/28/2008 TW Cruise Supplement, p18
The article offers a review of several specialty restaurants in Great Britain including Crown Grill, Arcadian Rhodes and Teppanyaki room.
- Revamped, upscale dinner cruise making waves in New York. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;3/21/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p148
Comments on the trend among local U.S. cruise operators hiring celebrity-chef talents. Impact of celebrity chefs on a cruise line's financial performance; Celebrity chefs that have accepted jobs in local cruise operators.
- Flight Without Equal. Ahern, Nichole Bernier // Conde Nast Traveler;Mar2002, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p26
Presents questions and answers related to tourism. Availability of artificial sweetener at Northwest Airlines; Reference to the location of the motion picture 'Harry Potter'; Terms in cruise contracts. INSET: Everybody Asks..
- How Green Is My Galley. Fraser, Laura // Gourmet;Dec2005, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p120
Focuses the menu offered at Sea Bird, an expedition ship owned by Lindblad Expeditions Inc., a company that offers small, nature-oriented cruises in the Sea of CortÃ©s, which lies between the deserts of mainland Mexico and Baja, California. Description of the cruise-ship cuisine; Aim of...
- THE BEST CRUISE SHIPS in the WORLD. // Conde Nast Traveler;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p90
Presents the results of the fifth annual survey on the best cruise ships in the world. Crew service; Cabin design; Itineraries; Food service; Top cruise lines.