Chicago's O'Hare Airport expands brands, local tastes
- HMSHost workers picket at O'Hare for better wages. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;10/31/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 44, p26
Reports that HMSHost Corp. employees are conducting strikes at several food service outlets operated by the contract specialist at O'Hare International Airport citing low wages and high health insurance premiums in the Chicago, Illinois. Stipulations regarding wages and premiums for individual...
- It’s out with the in crowd–for now. PLETZ, JOHN // Crain's Chicago Business;8/1/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p0003
The article reports on the new concessions contract at the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. It says that Wheaton, Maryland-based Westfield Concession Management LLC was chosen by the city council to redevelop and direct restaurants and shops at the international terminal in...
- O'Hare Expansion Foes Blast DuPage Move. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p29
Reports on the criticism of Illinois' DuPage County's decision to not to oppose the runway expansion plan at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Possible reasons for the change in position.
- Revised Plan for O'Hare. Sanchez, Humberto; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31350, p1
Reports the revised expansion bill of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Opposition of Senator Peter G. Fitzgerald on the involvement of Congress in the issue; Focus on environmental issues; Role of the Federal Aviation Administration in the project.
- NTSB mounts special probe of controller... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/13/88, Vol. 128 Issue 24, p149
The National Transportation Safety Board has begun a special investigation of the air traffic control facility at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport, following 20 operational errors in just over 5 months. The O'Hare error rate is already 66 percent higher than it was in all of 1987, and...
- Going global: City's vision for O'Hare on right course. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/05/98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on O'Hare International Airport, Chicago Illinois. Reference to the airport being rated behind airports like the one in New York, Los Angeles, California; Plans of Aviation Commissioner Mary Rose Loney, to commence a piloting plan to increase O'Hare's international presence.
- O'Hare back in limbo. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;12/3/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p3
Reports the collapse of the deal in expanding O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Approval of the south runaway at O'Hare; Expansion pact in pending federal legislation; Operating deficits of Meigs.
- Chicago's $1B O'Hare Deal Leads Another Light Slate. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/25/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33505, p7
The article reports on the 3.05 billion dollars possibility revenue acquired by O'Hare International Airport from the one billion dollar sale of third-lien municipal bonds in Chicago, Illinois.
- Want to feel computer-savvy? Look at Chicago's airport. B.A.C. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/12/96, Vol. 197 Issue 7, p16
Editorial. Comments on the computer system use at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Features; Capability; Memory capacity; Efficiency of the system.