Calif. hospital revitalizes VIP dining, cafeteria menus
- Culinary Rehab. Santoro, Jamie // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul99, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p20
Provides information on the food services at hospitals in the United States. Menu at Zale Lipshy University Hospital; Improvement on the cafeteria at UCLA Medical Center in California.
- AT UCLA MEDICAL CTR.: Ethnic diversity promotion lifts sales & participation. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the success of Cafe Med at the University of California Los Angeles Medical Center. Challenge faced by the cafe; Menus offered; Details on the celebration of Persian New Year in the cafe; How the cafe operates.
- Food `Integral' to Healing: UCLA Med. Ctr. to adopt room svc. in new facility. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p12
Looks at the plans of UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California to adopt a room service in its facility. Comments from Carlton Green, director of nutrition services; Description on the rooms in the hospital.
- UCLA Med. Ctr. switches to fdsvc. hosts, hostesses. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the patient tray delivery system implemented at the University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center. Benefit gained from the program; Problem that has been solved by the medical center in relation to the program.
- BRAND REDUCTION, BETTER PRODUCT: PURCHASING MOVES SAVE UCLA MED. CTR. 10% ON COMMODITIES. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the changes made in the purchasing procedures of food commodities by the University of California-Los Angeles Medical Center in 2001. Annual savings in purchasing chicken; Reasons for switching to daily deliveries; Commodities that can be purchased direct.
- All Shook Up! Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Apr2009, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on the renovations made at the main hospital facility of the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center Health System in Los Angeles, California in 2009. It states that after the Northridge earthquake which hit Los Angeles, the hospital features a model room...
- UCLA Hospitals Go to Antibiotic-free Meats. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the initiative of the University of California, Los Angeles hospitals to promote a healthier community, with its introduction of menus that made from antibiotic-free meats.
- COMBINED PURCHASING OF $6 MIL.: UCLA MED. CTR. TO LINK WITH SANTA MONICA IN F/S. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p5
Reports that UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles is taking over the food service of Santa Monica Hospital in California. Annual food and supply purchasing clout of UCLA and Santa Monica; Comments from Carlton Green, director of the nutrition department at UCLA; UCLA cafeteria menu options.
- Under the Sea. W. H. // FoodService Director;4/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p46
The article discusses how some college foodservice operators in the U.S. are promoting seafood as a healthy option for consumers. It provides an overview of the nutrients and health benefits from eating seafood. Gabriel Gomez, executive chef at Ronald Reagan University of California, Los Angeles...