Tropicana Field debuts `fan-friendly' foodservice
- WATCHING THE DEVIL RAYS: CAFE PUTS FANS AT FIELD LEVEL IN ST. PETE. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p6
Describes the dining concept at the Bullpen Cafe at Tropicana Field baseball park in Saint Petersburg, Florida. Location of the dining facility; Kinds of foods served; Comments from David Urso, general manager of Volume Services Inc.
- BOLD, DARING PREDICTIONS. // Sporting News;6/6/2011, Vol. 235 Issue 12, p8
The article presents predictions on the sports industry for 2011, including rain at Tropicana Field, a book on sports news network ESPN, and Major League Soccer.
- Stadiums' bring-your-own-snack policies score points with fans. SNEL, ALAN // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p52
The article reports on the bring-your-own-snack policies at the Tropicana Field stadium in Saint Petersburg, Florida. The Tampa Bay Devil Rays fans are allowed to bring their own snacks as part of the team's deal with Centerplate Inc., the ballpark's concessionaire. According to team's owner Stu...
- FOUL TERRITORIES. Fagan, Ryan // Sporting News;6/20/2011, Vol. 235 Issue 13, p48
The article discusses unique features of several Major League Baseball stadiums. Tropicana Field in Saint Petersburg, Florida has four catwalks in the field of play, upon striking which a ball may be ruled either a home run or a fair ball in play. Balls that bounce off the left field wall at...
- Tampa bedeviled by St. Pete spoof. Davis, Joel; Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;04/17/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 16, p12
Reports on the removal of all copies of the `Saint Petersburg Times' newspaper from Tropicana Field stadium by officials of the Tampa Bay Devil Ray baseball team. Controversy over a spoof appearing the sports section; Threat of legal action by Devil Rays managing general partner Vince Naimoli...
- To Build or Not to Build: Examining the Public Discourse Regarding St. Petersburg's Stadium Plan. Mondello, Michael J.; Schwester, Richard W.; Humphreys, Brad R. // International Journal of Sport Communication;Dec2009, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p432
Major League Baseball's Tampa Bay Rays have proposed constructing a facility on the St. Petersburg waterfront. The projected cost of this stadium is $450 million, which will be financed partially by the Rays' ownership. The remaining cost will be financed through tax revenues generated from the...
- TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS. Chastain, Bill // Sporting News;4/23/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 17, p70
The article discusses the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and how they look in terms of pitching and hitting in the American League East division in Major League Baseball. Special assistant Dave Martinez is helping outfielder Elijah Dukes adapt to playing in Tropicana Field. Right handed pitcher Brian...
- On-site briefs. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p16
Presents various food service events in several places. Shelton Board of Education and Mariott School Services testing the impact of breakfast on students' performance; Participation of Masterpiece Creations in the `Christmas Dickens Show'; Drake Union installing a Steak Escape and a Mrs. Fields...
- LAUNCHES `CELEBRATION' DINNER PACKAGE: RiverCentre's `new look' vies for national events. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p164
Features the renovation and expansion project of the RiverCentre Convention Center in Saint Paul, Minneapolis. Plans for an upscaled catering program; Cost of the expansion project; Exclusive catering contract of Masterpiece Creations; Renovation expenses.