`Real' Chinese chefs add flavor to menus
- People to people visit. Putnam, Constance E. // Hastings Center Report;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p47
Reports on the highlights of the author's participation in a medical ethics People to People mission to China in October 1995. Places visited; Topics discussed during meetings; Goals of People to People.
- New Dramatists Announces Exchange With Israel. Simonson, Robert // Back Stage;01/19/96, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p3
Reports that the New Dramatists has announced the formation of the Mary Lea Johnson Richards Playwright Exchange overseas program in the United States. Provider of the funding for the program; Deal with the Beit Lessin Theater in Tel Aviv, Israel; Beneficiaries of the exchange program.
- The grand vision of the Fullbright Program. Mondale, Walter // Christian Science Monitor;6/14/96, Vol. 88 Issue 140, p19
Features the 50th anniversary of the Fullbright Program, the flagship of scholarly exchange programs in the United States. Establishment of the program by the US Congress in 1946; Representative J. William Fullbright as sponsor of the legislation; Popularity of the program in Japan.
- Volunteers needed for exchange program. // Foreign Service Journal;Oct94, Vol. 71 Issue 10, AFSA News p5
Reports on the search for volunteers of the Youth for Understanding (YFU) International Exchange, a Washington D.C.-based international high school exchange program. Evaluation of applications from US high school students for homestay scholarships in other countries.
- The wisdom of the people. Pinckney, Roger // American Heritage;Apr93, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p36
Describes the author's experience of entertaining visiting Soviets. How he feels his efforts, though meager, helped precipitate the fall of Communism; How he retains the immense satisfaction of knowing that he helped; Difference between anarchy and dictatorship; Belief that the writers of the...
- Committee on scholarly communication with the P.R. of China. // Women's International Network News;Spring91, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p79
Focuses on the 1992-1993 scholarly exchange programs with China sponsored by the Committee on Scholarly Communication with the People's Republic of China. Features of the program.
- Area attorneys slow to respond to Russia link. VanderVeen, Don // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/1/95, Vol. 13 Issue 18, pB-1
Reports on the exchange of lawyers between West Michigan and St. Petersburg, Russia. Aim of the exchange program; Lukewarm response from lawyers in Michigan; Business relationship between the two communities; Initiation of Russian-citizen exchange program.
- Canadian immigration: the International Experience class. // South Asian Post;2/21/2013, p6
The article discusses the International Experience Class (IEC), a International Youth Program and International Exchange Programs which allow young people to visit Canada and support themselves by working while acquainting themselves withing the country.
- Untitled. Wernle, Bradford // Crain's Detroit Business;7/5/93, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p17
Reports on Russian members of parliament's visit to Lansing, Michigan July 5, 1993. Tour of Lansing's government institutions; Sponsorhip of the tour by the United States Information Agency and Search for Common Ground non-profit organization; Delegates.