Vivian Pilant: Silver Plate/schools
- Vivian Pilant. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;May98, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p54
Profiles Vivian Pilant, president of the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) and director of the South Carolina Department of Education. Her accomplishments; Background information on Pilant; Two messages she preaches constantly. INSETS: Career highlights;How to organize a...
- Book notes. // Policy & Practice of Public Human Services;Jun99, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p51
Profiles Mark E. Orf, Division Director for Program Development at the Department of Health and Human Services in Columbia, South Carolina. Years of service; Rewards and challenges of the job; Proudest accomplishments; Personal information.
- Army base compost/mulch production. // BioCycle;Jan1995, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p26
Presents information on a small-scale compost and mulch operation at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. Material processing; Feedback from Chris E. Williams of the Department of Public Works at Fort Jackson.
- An African-American Police Chief Makes a Difference. Gandhi, Hetal // New Crisis (15591603);May/Jun99, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p12
Profiles Reuben Greenberg, chief of the Charleston Police Department in South Carolina. Contributions to the police department; Importance of education and communication; Recognitions given to Greenberg and to the department.
- African American Activism: New and Broadening Scholarship on the Civil Rights Movement. Littlejohn, Jeffrey L.; Ford, Charles H. // Southern Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal of the South;Spring/Summer2016, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p27
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss articles within the issue on topics including desegregation at a university, initiatives of North Carolina College for Negroes president James Shepard to effect equality within the dual system of the Jim Crow South, and the work of civic...
- Driven to lead. Ensign, David // State Government News;Oct97, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p39
Profiles South Carolina politician David Wilkins. Entry into politics; Career background; Leadership; Work ethic; Recreation.
- MARTIN GALLERY. // Art Galleries & Artists of the South;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p20
The article presents a brief profile of painter Imero Gobbato, whose works are displayed at Martin Gallery in Charleston, South Carolina.
- South Carolina Electronic Records Archives (SCERA). Richard, Diane L. // Internet Genealogy;Feb/Mar2017, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p53
The article reviews the web site South Carolina Electronic Records Archives, located at www.e-archives.sc.gov, from South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- Seventy-six going on twenty-four. Dallao, Mary // Corrections Today;Oct97, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p85
Profiles Vivian Tohanczyn, the 1997 Best in the Business Awardee of `Corrections Today' who at seventy-six, works at the Reduced Supervision Unit of the Department of Corrections (DOC). Nature of work of Tohanczyn at DOC; Views of Tohanczyn on her work; Comments of Brian Anschutz, Parole...