Compass broadcasts on Net
- Compass Group USA unveils Chartwells. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/31/97, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p84
Discloses Compass Group USA's launch of Chartwells, the `brand' name for its college and university accounts around the world. Adoption by the United States of Chartwells outside Great Britain; Replacement of identity of Canteen and PFM; Appointment of Carl Marsalis to head the Chartwells division.
- Contractors to focus on margin-growth. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p2
Reports on Compass Group PLC's decision to focus on margin growth in all of its geographic divisions. Comments from Compass Group CEO Francis Mackay; Results of a study on the catering business in Great Britain.
- BY IMPLEMENTING ZELUS PROGRAM: Compass 'purchases' savings. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the implementation of the Zelus purchasing program at Compass Group as of December 2002. Mechanics of the program; Number of dining services that use Zelus.
- Top-level changes at Compass, NA. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the appointment of executives at the North American Division of Compass Group PLC. Names of appointees; Changes in the firm's organizational structure.
- Where is Compass Group heading? King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p77
Features contract foodservice company, Compass Group USA. Start of the firm in May 1994; Use of acquisitions to solidify position in the industry; Success of attempt to `brand' operating divisions with separate identities.
- Technology. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p107
Explains how Compass Group USA upgraded its technology to meet its needs in the 21st century. Automation of functions within individual accounts; Review of business practices; Replacement for the central office system.
- Finance. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p108
Reports on the ability of Compass Group USA at contain costs in order to increase average annual revenues. Impact of size and influence of a global system; Leadership of chief financial officer Gary Green; Confidence of clients in providing services.
- Purchasing. Carlino, Bill // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p110
Reports on the purchasing department of Compass Group USA. Achievements of vice president James Everett; Challenge in building uniform compliance for field accounts; Goal to unify the company's purchasing and distribution system.
- Merchandising. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p112
Features the merchandising department of Compass Group USA. Upgrade of services and menu offerings for clients; Motivation of employees through an incentive program; Design of projects to showcase tools, skills and brands.