4 healthcare facilities merge
- Founding fathers' hospitals launch competition revolution. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;11/18/96, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p9
Reports that in November, 1996, the board of the Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, approved a plan to affiliate with the University of Pennsylvania Health System rather than rival Jefferson Health System of Radnor, Pennsylvania. Background information on Pennsylvania Hospital; How Thomas...
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p12
Reports that the University of Pennsylvania Health System and Rush System for Health has bought HBOC resource management systems.
- 2 Pa. deals become mergers. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;06/09/97, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p24
Reports on the approval of a merger between the Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania Health System. Significance of the merger; Details on the terms and conditions which are applicable.
- Unit-based teams get results at Penn. // Hospital Peer Review;Dec2011, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p139
The article reports on the formation of unit-based leadership teams at the University of Pennsylvania Health System to work on quality enhancement projects.
- Asthma management program links health professionals. Ukens, Carol // Drug Topics;8/18/97, Vol. 141 Issue 16, p46
States that the University of Pennsylvania Health Systems (UPHS) has linked up on an on line asthma management protocol which links primary care physicians, pharmacists, and case managers to improve patient outcomes. Detailed information on the UPHS asthma management program; How many asthma...
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Apr97, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p6
Reports that the University of Pennsylvania Health System in Philadelphia has joined the Veterans Health Administration alliance in Irving, Texas. Facilities included in the university system.
- University of Pennsylvania Health System announces plans to downsize. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;04/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30630, p30
Reports on the University of Pennsylvania Health System's plans to lay-off a number of workers to offset the hospital system's operating losses for fiscal 1998. Bond rating downgrades received by the system due to its losses; Speculations on possible actions to be taken by the system to improve...
- Getting there. Isenstein, Howard // Modern Physician;Jul99, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p40
Reports that demands by consumers, employers and insurers for improvements in quality of care are driving a movement to reduce variations in the ways physicians practice. Amount the University of Pennsylvania Health System has invested in disease management; Remarks from David Blumenthal,...
- Ex-Chicago exec takes over at UPHS. // Modern Healthcare;5/5/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p36
Reports the appointment of Ralph Muller as chief executive officer (CEO) of the University of Pennsylvania Health System in May 2003. Responsibilities of Muller; Career highlights.