NBA to open gate to Universal CityWalk
- NBA City opens. // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep99, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p56
Describes the NBA City, a basketball theme restaurant conceptualized by the National Basketball Association and Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando, Florida.
- Chewing into profits. Hardin, Angela Y. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/12/98, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on the effects of the National Basketball Association's (NBA) strike and lockout on restaurant businesses in Cleveland, Ohio. Comments from Bud Balsom, vice president of Wallaby's Grille and Brewpub of America, Cleveland, Ohio; Estimated drop in sales for each week of the lockout; Total...
- Hard Rock's hoop dreams. Soeder, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar98, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p27
Reports that the National Basketball Association (NBA) and the Hard Rock Cafe, are teaming up to open at least 10 NBA theme restaurants within 1998 through 2001. When the first set of restaurants are to be opened; Comments from Hard Rock Chief Executive Officer Jim Berk; What the plans calls for.
- McDonald's keeps NBA, to revive Beanie promotion. Kramer, Louise // Advertising Age;2/2/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p4
Reports that McDonald's Corp. is renewing its pact with the National Basketball Association and bringing back its Teenie Beanie promotion in the Spring of 1998. McDonald's Corp.'s decision to sponsor the Women's National Basketball Association; The success of the Teenie Beanie promotion in...
- Playing on a New Court. Alleyne, Sonia // Black Enterprise;Nov2012, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p98
The article features retired National Basketball Association player Walt Frazier. His decision to enter into a dining partnership with restaurateur Michael Weinstein in 2011 is highlighted. Clyde Frazier's Wine and Dine opened in March 2012. The restaurant is described as a celebration of...
- The Worm Turns--and Runs. Keil, Beth Landman; Mitchell, Deborah // New York;02/08/99, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on the visit of National Basketball Association's player Dennis Rodman to South Beach's Eleventh Street Diner. His remarks about the cost of his four toasted bagels; How he escaped with the food charge at the restaurant; Warning given by the waitress to Rodman.
- Auerbach's rules of engagement. Kindred, Dave // Sporting News;12/6/2004, Vol. 228 Issue 49, p64
The article presents various information related to basketball. Every Tuesday morning, 11 o' clock sharp, Red Auerbach presides over a gathering of friends. Every Tuesday morning at the China Doll restaurant in Washington, Red Auerbach and other basketball reprobates meet for lunch, lunch at 11...
- The People's Court. Krummert, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Nov99, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p20
Presents the National Basketball Association (NBA) City, a theme restaurant located at the Universal Studio's City Walk theme park complex in Orlando, Florida. Details the joint venture between Hard Rock Cafe International and NBA; Features of the restaurant; Operation of the restaurant.
- `Cafe NBA' scopes Fieldhouse for hoops eatery. King, Mason // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/26/98, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p1
Reports that the Indiana Pacers basketball team is in discussion with Hard Rock Cafe and the National Basketball Association (NBA) to bring an NBA-themed restaurant to Indianapolis. Location; Pursuit of international markets; Design; Operational plans.