7 Penn. hospitals merge create purchasing co-op
- Pittsburgh health system bids fixed-to-floating rate swap. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;03/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30588, p36
Reports on UPMC Health System's bidding out of more than half of a new-money issue in a fixed-to-floating rate swap in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Structure of the swap; Conduit used to bring the issue to the market; UPMC's fixed rate exposure.
- UPMC told it so. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;9/16/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p17
Reports on the filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by the Aliquippa Pennsylvania Community Hospital, former member of the UPMC Health System, in 2002. Reason behind the filing of bankruptcy protection; Background on the financial problems of the hospital; Plan of the hospital to file a...
- Pennsylvania hospital serves as a model of cost-saving, sustainable strategies. // Health Facilities Management;Sep2014, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p9
A review is offered for the 252 million-dollar University of Pittsburgh Medical Center East located in Monroeville, Pennsylvania.
- Pa. dispute heats up. Romand, Michael // Modern Healthcare;1/7/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p17
Reports the plan of UPMC Health System to merge or form partnership with other hospitals in Pennsylvania. Improvement of health plans; View of employees on the merger plan; Total assets of the hospital.
- A new era. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;6/2/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p18
Reports the move of U.S. hospitals in dealing with their investment portfolios. Investment charges reported by the UPMC Health System for the third quarter ended March 31, 2003; Guideline issued by the Healthcare Financial Management Association on how to deal with hospital investment losses;...
- Health System Checks Up Marc. Jensen, Trevor // Adweek Midwest Edition;02/14/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p6
Reports the decision of UPMC Health System and Health Plan to choose Marc Advertising as its advertising agency. Estimated budget of the advertising contract of UPMC.
- No more griping, OK? Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;11/19/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p12
Reports the ruling of an arbitration panel on the dispute between UPMC Health System and UPMC Passavant. Implication of the dispute; Challenge issued by UPMC Passavant to UPMC Health System; Financial concerns.
- A $5 million gift. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;07/03/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p4
Deals with the donations given by UPMC Health System to St. Francis Health System, both based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Purpose of the grant; Implication of the acceptance of the grant; Information on the grant being offered by Highmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Pittsburgh to St. Francis.
- Children's hospital rejects insurer bailout. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;04/09/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the decision of the management of the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh to reject a financial assistance offer from Highmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance company. Decision of Children's Hospital to merge with health care provider UPMC Health System company; Implications of the...