Food CapSule: How breakfast grows
- Eat a better breakfast. // Current Health 2;Feb1990, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p17
Explains a Boston University School of Medicine study which indicates that people can decrease their risk of cardiovascular disease by eating a low-fat breakfast of cereal and fruit as opposed to bacon and eggs.
- Breakfast of champions. // Current Health 1;Jan1990, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p17
Discusses research conducted at the University of Missouri that indicates that cereal is the best kind of breakfast food.
- Wake up call: What's for breakfast? // Current Health 1;Feb1994, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p24
Provides information on breakfasts. Breakfast as fuel for the brain; Foods for breakfast that meet daily nutrition needs; Breakfast ideas; Carton of milk or single-serve juice for take-it-with-you breakfasts; Consideration of sugar content in cereals. INSET: Breakfast around the world..
- Time for breakfast! Murphy, J.; Hayes, J.L. // Country Living;Feb1992, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p110
Features a menu for an old-fashioned country breakfast. Author's memories of breakfasts at her grandfather's farm; Recipes for raspberry streusel muffins, griddle cakes, a Swedish cardamom wreath and more. INSET: Good morning perk (how to make great coffee).;Tried and true....
- Pancakes for a crowd. // Country Living;Jan1993, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p97
Offers suggestions for familiar foods to warm kitchens and have a hearty feast for friends. Includes recipes for buttermilk flapjacks; Giant pancakes; Apricot cranberry sauce; Wild-mushroom beggar's purse crepes; More; Details. INSET: Food for a fete..
- Breakfast. Vaz, V.; Nash, J. // Essence (Essence);Sep90, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p87
Discusses the components of a healthy breakfast. Limiting fat; High fiber; Time savers; Recipes.
- Elephant recipe. Brennan, Linda Crotta // Humpty Dumpty's Magazine;Apr/May94, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p24
Presents an elephant recipe for breakfast. Ingredients; Ingredient replacement tips.
- Nutrition experts say breakfast vital to health. // Jet;4/1/91, Vol. 79 Issue 24, p16
Comments on the assertion of nutrition experts who say that eating a good breakfast is vitally important. Day-long energy; Cholesterol-lowering benefits.
- Earth Quaker. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p16
Features nutritional and fat content of Quaker MultiGrain hot cereal.
- Caution: donut eat. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p16
Features nutritional and fat content of Super Bakery's Super Donuts, Ultra Donuts and Super Buns.