Columbia Univ. opens Wrappers
- Columbia's foodservice renovations are commitment to commercial customers. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/28/96, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p14
Reports on the foodservice renovations at the John Jay Hall and Law School of Columbia University in New York City. Commitment to a more commercial, customer-oriented approach to foodservice; Fred How as director of operations.
- Unrest. Blauner, P. // New York;5/18/87, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p30
Cops and demonstrators have been thronging Columbia University lately, in events reminiscent of the 1968 student revolt. The protesters say the school is racist and insensitive to its neighbors, while Columbia claims it is acting within its rights and that opponents are trying to tarnish its...
- Going modern. // American School & University;Jun94, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the modernization project for Columbia University's Furnald Hall in New York. Major renovations; Project architect and interior designer.
- Columbia library school closes after rescue plan fails. Allen, B. // American Libraries;Jul92, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p544
Announces that despite hopes earlier this year that Columbia University's School of Library Service might find a new home at the City University of New York, the library school will close July 1. CUNY's inability to raise sufficient funds; Negotiations still underway at NYPL; Future of former...
- Columbia University Opens Its First Global Center in Africa Filed in Foreign studies on February 1, 2013. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);2/7/2013, p12
The article reports that the Columbia University in New York has opened a Global Center which is located in a 14,000-square-foot building in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Columbia UNIVERSITY. Lee, Michelle // Teen Ink;Oct2009, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p38
The article offers information on Columbia University in New York City.
- Fellows to get taste of policy-making. // Psychotherapy Letter;Jan96, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p5
Reports that Columbia University's Center for Young Children and Families will accept applications for its summer fellowship program. Who the program is for; What the program offers; Application deadline.
- Catholics at Columbia. Dinter, P. // Commonweal;4/8/88, Vol. 115 Issue 7, p203
Consideration of campus ministries. First-person account of Roman Catholic priest Father Paul Dinter's experiences for the past 15 years in his campus ministry at Columbia University (N.Y.) Types of students, as well as types of Catholics. The broad ministry concept and Cardinal Newman's...
- Columbia experiment will put library collection online. Reid, Calvin; Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;2/22/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 8, p13
Announces that by the turn of the century it is likely that patrons of the Columbia University Law Library will be using a computer to search and recall optical images of hundreds of thousands of volumes stored in a supercomputer currently undergoing tests at the university's New York City...