USDA introduces new poultry spray
- Chinese Chicken and Schools. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;1/ 6/2014, p5
The article reports on the appeal made by a bipartisan group of U.S. Congressmen to the Department of Agriculture to prevent poultry slaughtered in China and Chinese-processed chicken from being served at U.S. schools.
- EPA pulls away from farm database proposal. // Western Farm Press;8/4/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p18
The article offers information regarding the withdrawal of proposed rule by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) which is reporting of the poultry farmers about their operations under the U.S. Clean Water Act.
- Food fight over poultry. // Consumer Reports;Nov95, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p695
Reports on the US Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service's (FSIS) designation of three categories of frozen poultry. Features of the rules; Problems with the previous law; Date of effectivity of the rules.
- USDA thaws out its definition of `fresh' poultry. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/4/95, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p84
Reports that the United States Department of Agriculture changed the definition of `fresh' as it applies to poultry so that the term can be used only to describe birds that have not been stored below 26 degrees Fahrenheit.
- HACCP: As good as it gets? Young, Barbara // National Provisioner;Feb98, Vol. 212 Issue 2, p8
Editorial. Discusses the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) implementation, by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) while focusing on the United States Poultry and Egg Association's 50th International Exposition. Definition of the word implementation; Comments...
- USDA to Update Poultry Inspection System. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;1/20/2012, p7
The article reports on a proposed rule announced by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in January 2012 that would modernize the country's poultry slaughter inspection system by adopting a more prevention-oriented format.
- How Free Is 'Free-Range'? // Organic Style;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p26
Describes the Free Farmed or Food Alliance-approved chickens. Request of the U.S. Department of Agriculture on the care of the chickens; Labeling of such animals.
- Foster Farms plants to stay open. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/18/2013, Issue 324719, p6
The article reports on the statement of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) regarding the temporary operations of three poultry processing facilities in Central Valley, California that are linked to a salmonella outbreak in raw chicken.
- USDA inspections: Stricter poultry regs set. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p34
Reports on the Department of Agriculture's announcement of rules establishing a strict `zero tolerance' standard for fecal contamination of poultry products.