California medical ctr. offers new fat-free plan
- UCSF Medical Center Switches to Antibiotic-free Chicken. // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p17
The article reports that antibiotic-free chicken will only be offered on patient and retail menus at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center.
- Breaking Out of the Round Pie Box. Parham, Kate // FoodService Director;8/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p52
The article focuses on the flatbreads which is trending in food service industry. Topics discussed include the use of naan bread, a hand-stretched Indian bread, in making flatbreads, the use of popular pizza toppings in flatbreads, and on how to make flatbreads using the ovens. Irene Regala,...
- Analysis underway: San Francisco medical center mulls outsourcing. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p10
Reports that the University of California-San Francisco Medical Center is planning to do a comparative analysis on the performance of its self-operated facility and Stanford's contract operating services following its merger with Stanford Medical Center. Comments from Leon King, director of...
- A Sea of Change at UCSF Medical Center. King, Paul // FoodService Director;11/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p32
This article deals with the first major foodservice renovation at University of California, San Francisco Medical Center in San Francisco, California. The project, which aims to renovate the hospital's cafeteria and kitchen, has an almost eight million U.S. dollar budget. The 379-seat Moffitt...
- Calif. teaching hospitals exploring collaboration. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;1/8/96, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the possible consolidation of the hospital operations of University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center and Stanford (Calif.) University Hospital. Aim of providing more cost-effective patient care; Combined assets; Financial information on the two academic medical centers.
- UCSF Stanford Health Care begins merged operations. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/10/97, Issue 322223, p15
Reports on the operation of UCSF Stanford Health Care, the organization created through the merger of University of California-San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center and Standford Health Services. Consolidated payroll; Series of special events aimed at introducing employees to the expanded...
- Gayle Tang, R.N. Robbins, Joseph V. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Feb2001, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p20
Features Gayle Tang, director of multicultural services at Kaiser Permanente's San Francisco Medical Center. Responsibilities; Benefits of effective communication.
- Laboring against a merger. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;10/27/97, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p24
Focuses on the controversy surrounding the merger between the University of California, San Francisco Medical Center and Stanford University Health services to close on November 1, 1997. Accusations made by the employees' unions against the health services; Scheduled date for the hearing to...
- UCSF nursing student. // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1991, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p31
Profiles Chris Ortiz, an Hispanic American graduate student of the University of California at San Francisco School of Nursing. Participation at a health fair at the Mission Health Center in San Francisco; Career plans.