Chicago school dist. awards breakfast prepack program
- Pre-plate meal contractor launches breakfast promo. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p8
Announces Rolling Meadows, Illinois-based Preferred Meal Systems' plan to launch a breakfast promotion tied to a nutrition awareness campaign at Chicago Public Schools. Goal of the promotion; Sponsors of the promotion; Promotional highlights.
- Chicago schools weigh outsourcing prepacks. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the outsourcing of the breakfast program by the Chicago Public Schools, for its 192 prepackaged schools in the system. Comments from Sue Susanke, food service division of the school; Information on the contracts to be awarded to vendors; Key factors of the breakfast programs.
- TO COMBAT `BLOCK SCHEDULING' TREND: Fairfax County Schools step-up breakfast drive. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on the school breakfast program offered by the Fairfax County Public School system. Comments from food service director Penny McConnell; Marketing efforts of McConnell; Background of the Virginia Standards of Learning and Stanford tests.
- Vending Machines. // School Governance & Leadership;Winter2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p5
The article offers information about a customized vending machine introduced at Cincinnati Public Schools and Syracuse City School District that offers a convenient and flexible free school breakfast option to all students regardless of family income.
- School breakfast wakes up. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the incentives offered by the food service team of Chicago Public Schools' Ruggles Elementary in Chicago, Illinois, to increase student participants in its breakfast program. Estimated number of children who are receiving free meals; Breakfast menu of the program.
- Participation in School-Breakfast Program Jumps 8.9 Percent. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;10/28/1992, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the increase in number of U.S. schools participating in the federal school-breakfast program in the 1991-1992 fiscal year. The schools' participation increased to 8.9 percent, the biggest in 13 years. The increase was due to the slow economy and efforts signed-up by...
- Poster contest inks nutrition to education. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p58
Reports on Preferred Meals System's holding of a poster-making competition among Chicago schools. Objective of the competition.
- Turnkey Program: Chicago gets pre-plate. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p26
Reports on pre-plated meals received by schools in Chicago, Illinois from Preferred Meal Systems Inc. (PMS). Increase in lunch participation; Reasons for the increase; Comments on the service of PMS.
- The Administration of 'Selectivity' In the Breakfast Program Of a Public Elementary School. Hoshino, George; Ruth, Mary K. // Child Welfare;Apr71, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p201
In the distribution of benefits under a social welfare program, the frame of reference is extremely important as a guide to social policy. The school breakfast program discussed here is analyzed on the basis of two conceptsâ€”universality and selectivityâ€”and the examination points up...