Predominant Transgene Expression in Exocrine Pancreas Directed by the CMV Promoter
- Effect of IS-741 on ethionine-induced acute pancreatitis in rats: relation to pancreatic acinar cell regeneration. Imamura, Tsunao; Niikawa, Junichi; Kitamura, Katsuya; Takahashi, Akira; Ikegami, Akitoshi; Yoshida, Hitoshi; Tanaka, Shigeki; Mitamura, Keiji // Journal of Gastroenterology;2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p260
Background:Tissue destruction arising from neutrophil infiltration of the pancreas and other organs in acute pancreatitis is supposed to be suppressed by IS-741. We studied the effect of IS-741 on acute pancreatitis induced by DL-ethionine in rats. Methods:Rats fed...
- Greasing the wheels of secretory transport. Thorner, Jeremy W. // Nature Cell Biology;Aug2001, Vol. 3 Issue 8, pE196
Ever since George Palade's pioneering studies of zymogen secretion from pancreatic acinar cells, the underlying molecular mechanisms of vesicle-mediated protein transport have captivated cell biologists and biochemists. A watershed meeting on "Phosphoinositides and the Golgi", held at the...
- Exercise can produce healthy chatter between bone, fat and pancreatic cells. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/30/2011, Vol. 21, p833
The article reports on a study from Georgia Health Sciences University which found that exercise can produce healthy effects for bone, fat, and pancreatic cells.
- Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas associated with hypoglycemia: Involvement of "big" insulin-like growth factor-II. Mizuta, Yohei; Isomoto, Hajime; Futuki, Yoji; Ehara, Naomi; Takeshima, Fuminao; Omagari, Katsuhisa; Murase, Kunihiko; Yakata, Yuichi; Senjyu, Masahiro; Masuda, Jyun-ichi; Ikuno, Nobuhiro; Haraguchi, Masuho; Iwasaki, Keisuke; Shimokawa, Isao; Kohno, Shigeru // Journal of Gastroenterology;1998, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p761
Abstract: Apart from insulinomas, pancreatic tumors are rarely complicated by hypoglycemia and some may produce insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II). To our knowledge, IGF-lI-producing pancreatic tumors associated with hypoglycemia have not been reported previously. We describe what we believe...
- Low-level (gallium-aluminum-arsenide) laser irradiation of Par-C10 cells and acinar cells of rat parotid gland. Onizawa, Katsuhiro; Muramatsu, Takashi; Matsuki, Miwako; Ohta, Kazumasa; Matsuzaka, Kenichi; Oda, Yutaka; Shimono, Masaki // Lasers in Medical Science;Mar2009, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p155
We investigated cell response, including cell proliferation and expression of heat stress protein and bcl-2, to clarify the influence of low-level [gallium-aluminum-arsenide (Ga-Al-As) diode] laser irradiation on Par-C10 cells derived from the acinar cells of rat parotid glands. Furthermore, we...
- Prognostic value of CA 19-9 levels in patients with inoperable adenocarcinoma of the pancreas treated with gemcitabine. Ziske, C.; Schlie, C.; Gorschlüter, M.; Glasmacher, A.; Mey, U.; Strehl, J.; Sauerbruch, T.; Schmidt-Wolf, I. G. H. // British Journal of Cancer;10/20/2003, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p1413
Serum carbohydrate antigen 19-9 (CA 19-9) has been identified as a useful tumour marker for diagnosis of exocrine pancreatic carcinoma, but its value for evaluating the response to chemotherapy with gemcitabine is not clear. Tumour regression in pancreatic carcinoma is hard to determine due to...
- Pancreatic islet-acinar interactions. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/29/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6291, p570
Examines the interactions between pancreatic islet and acinar tissue. Juxtaposition of islets and acinar tissue; Functional relation between pancreatic islets and acinar tissue; Role of the peptide hormones produced by the islets on the acinar cell function.
- Ethanol induces secretion of oxidized proteins by pancreatic acinar cells. V. Palmieri; G. Palasciano // Cell Biology & Toxicology;Nov2007, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p459
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â The pancreas is vulnerable to ethanol toxicity, but the pathogenesis of alcoholic pancreatitis is not fully defined. The intracellular oxidative balance and the characteristics of the secretion of isolated rat pancreatic acinar cells stimulated with the cholecystokinin...
- Erratum: Pancrelipase Delayed-Release Capsules (CREON) for Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency Due to Chronic Pancreatitis or Pancreatic Surgery: A Double-Blind Randomized Trial. Whitcomb, David C; Lehman, Glen A; Vasileva, Galina; Malecka-Panas, Ewa; Gubergrits, Natalya; Shen, Yannan; Sander-Struckmeier, Suntje; Caras, Steven // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun2011, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p1177
A correction to the article "Pancrelipase Delayed-Release Capsules (CREON) for Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency Due to Chronic Pancreatitis or Pancreatic Surgery: A Double-Blind Randomized Trial" that was published in the May 25, 2010 issue is presented.