HMGN4, a Newly Discovered Nucleosome-Binding Protein Encoded by an Intronless Gene
- ORP3 Splice Variants and Their Expression in Human Tissues and Hematopoietic Cells. Collier, F.M.; Gregorio-King, C.C.; Apostolopoulos, J.; Walder, K.; Kirkland, M.A. // DNA & Cell Biology;Jan2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
ORP3 is a member of the newly described family of oxysterol-binding protein (OSBP)-related proteins (ORPs). We previously demonstrated that this gene is highly expressed in CD34[sup +] hematopoietic progenitor cells, and deduced that the "full-length" ORP3 gene comprises 23 exons and encodes a...
- Gene expression: Quantifying single transcripts. // Nature Methods;Aug2012, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p781
The article offers information on a research regarding the quantification of single RNA transcripts by RNA binding proteins in living cells.
- Loss of expression of HDAC-recruiting methyl-CpG-binding domain proteins in human cancer. Müller-Tidow, C; Kügler, K; Diederichs, S; Klümpen, S; Möller, M; Vogt, U; Metzger, R; Schneider, P M; Berdel, W E; Serve, H // British Journal of Cancer;10/15/2001, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p1168
Dysregulation of CpG-methylation is a common feature of many human cancers and tumour suppressor genes can be silenced by hypermethylation. Recently, 2 methyl-CpG-binding domain proteins have been linked to gene inactivation by their ability to recruit co-repressors and HDAC-activity to...
- Characterisation and expression of SPLUNC2, the human orthologue of rodent parotid secretory protein. Bingle, Lynne; Barnes, Frances A.; Lunn, Hayley; Musa, Maslinda; Webster, Steve; Douglas, C. W. Ian; Cross, Simon S.; High, Alec S.; Bingle, Colin D. // Histochemistry & Cell Biology;Sep2009, Vol. 132 Issue 3, p339
We recently described the Palate Lung Nasal Clone (PLUNC) family of proteins as an extended group of proteins expressed in the upper airways, nose and mouth. Little is known about these proteins, but they are secreted into the airway and nasal lining fluids and saliva where, due to their...
- TFIIIB is phosphorylated, disrupted and selectively released from tRNA promoters during mitosis in vivo. Jennifer A. Fairley; Pamela H. Scott; Robert J. White // EMBO Journal;11/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p5841
Mitosis involves a generalized repression of gene expression. In the case of RNA polymerase III transcription, this is due to phosphorylation-mediated inactivation of TFIIIB, an essential complex comprising the TATA-binding protein TBP and the TAF subunits Brf1 and Bdp1. In HeLa cells, this...
- Mouse genes are expressed in germ cells during oogenesis and spermatogenesis. Saunders, P.T.K.; Pathirana, S.; Maguire, S.M.; Doyle, M.; Wood, T.; Bownes, M. // MHR: Basic Science of Reproductive Medicine;Nov2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11
Examines the pattern of expression of mouse staufen genes in mammalian gonads. Identification of mouse homologues of the Drosophila melanogaster staufen gene encoded RNA binding protein; Isolation of mouse staufen cDNAs; Cellular sites of expression of mouse staufen in mouse gonads.
- Basis of altered RNA-binding specificity by PUF proteins revealed by crystal structures of yeast Puf4p. Miller, Matthew T.; Higgin, Joshua J.; Tanaka Hall, Traci M. // Nature Structural & Molecular Biology;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p397
Pumilio/FBF (PUF) family proteins are found in eukaryotic organisms and regulate gene expression post-transcriptionally by binding to sequences in the 3â€² untranslated region of target transcripts. PUF proteins contain an RNA binding domain that typically comprises eight Î±-helical...
- Temporal and transient expression of stearoyl-ACP carrier protein desaturase gene during olive fruit development. Haralampidis, K; Milioni, D; Sanchez, J; Baltrusch, M; Heinz, E; Hatzopoulos, P // Journal of Experimental Botany;Oct98, Vol. 49 Issue 327, p1661
Studies the regulation of stearoyl-ACP carrier protein desaturase gene expression during olive fruit development. Factors involved in the induction of TAG synthesis in leaves; Production of mono-unsaturated oleic acid; Localization of the desaturase enzyme in the plastid.
- Repair Qualities of Macrophages, Hope for Muscle Regeneration. Kingman, Sharon // BioWorld International;9/30/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p1
The article discusses research being done on the impact of adenosine 3'5' cyclic monophosphate response element binding protein (CREB)-C/ERM-binding phosphoprotein (EBP) on M2 macrophage-specific gene expression. It references a study published in the September 21, 2009 issue of the journal...