Differential Expression of Four Human Dynamin-Like Protein Variants in Brain Tumors
- Pharmacology and Physiopathology of the Brain Endothelin System: An Overview. Schinelli, Sergio // Current Medicinal Chemistry;2006, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p627
The endothelin system, consisting of three peptides, two peptidases and two G-protein coupled receptors, is widely expressed in the brain cell types and brain-derived tumor cell lines. The stimulation of endothelin receptors elicits a variety of short- and long-term changes at cellular level but...
- Therapeutic Targeting of G-Protein Coupled Receptor-Mediated Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Transactivation in Human Glioma Brain Tumors. Paolillo, M.; Schinelli, S. // Mini Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry;Nov2008, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1418
The epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) is the main tyrosine kinase receptor dysregulated or overexpressed in brain cancer types and its expression is directly correlated with tumor malignancy and unfavorable prognosis. Recently, the availability of endogenous EGFR ligands has been reported...
- Rab3a promotes brain tumor initiation and progression. Kim, Jun-Kyum; Lee, Seung-Yup; Park, Chang-Won; Park, Suk-Hwang; Yin, Jinlong; Kim, Jaebong; Park, Jae-Bong; Lee, Jae-Yong; Kim, Hyunggee; Kim, Sung-Chan // Molecular Biology Reports;Sep2014, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p5903
The Rab protein family is composed of small GTP-binding proteins involved in intracellular vesicle trafficking. In particular, Rab3a which is one of four Rab3 proteins (a, b, c, and d isoforms) is associated with synaptic vesicle trafficking in normal brain. However, despite the elevated level...
- The Quantitative Analysis of bFGF and VEGF by ELISA in Human Meningiomas. Denizot, Yves; De Armas, Rafael; Caire, Fran�ois; Moreau, Jean Jacques; Pommepuy, Isabelle; Truffinet, V�ronique; Labrousse, Fran�ois // Mediators of Inflammation;12/1/2006, Vol. 2006 Issue 6, p1
The quantitative analysis of VEGF using ELISA in various subtypes of grade I meningiomas reported higher VEGF contents in meningothelial (2.38 ï¿½ 0.62 pg/ï¿½g protein, n = 7), transitional (1.08 ï¿½ 0.21 pg/ï¿½g protein, n = 13), and microcystic meningiomas (11.98 ï¿½ 0.87...
- Brain tumor rate on the rise. Ellman, Marc // Life Extension;Aug2003, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the increase in brain tumor incidence in the U.S. and Europe. Incidence in white collar workers; Health effects of technology.
- BRAIN TUMORS ON THE RISE. Brody, Jane E. // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 268 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on brain tumors. Increase in brain tumors; Technology advances in the treatment of brain tumors; Common symptoms; Imaging techniques.
- Watson honored. // Editor & Publisher;1/22/94, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the establishment of the American Brain Tumor Association's Jerome R. Watson Memorial Fund in honor of the late `Chicago Sun-Times' Washington bureau chief. Contact information.
- Erratum to: Clinical impact of 11C-methionine PET on expected management of patients with brain neoplasm. Yamane, Tomohiko; Sakamoto, Setsu; Senda, Michio // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;Apr2010, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p831
A correction to the article "Clinical impact of 11C-methionine PET on expected management of patients with brain neoplasm" that was published in the January 27, 2010 is presented.
- Primary brain tumors: Review of etiology, diagnosis and treatment. Newton, Herbert B. // American Family Physician;3/1/1994, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p787
Reviews the etiology, diagnosis and treatment of primary brain tumors. Key manifestations; Signs and symptoms; Pathogenesis; Efficacy of neuroimaging; Neurologic examination; Initial treatment of primary brain tumors.