Alternative Splicing of Xenopus Î±[sub fast]-Tropomyosin Pre-mRNA during Development: Identification of Determining Sequences
- Gene regulation: Better screening for alternative splicing regulators. Flintoft, Louisa // Nature Reviews Genetics;Jul2013, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p442
The article discusses the research on using two complementary minigene reporters to identify the positive and negative splicing regulators of exons.
- The splicing factor SRp20 modifies splicing of its own mRNA and ASF/SF2 antagonizes this regulation. Hamas, Hassan; Nielsen, Peter J. // EMBO Journal;8/15/97, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p5077
SRp20 is a member of the highly conserved SR family of splicing regulators. Using a variety of reporter gene constructs, we show that SRp20 regulates alternative splicing of its own mRNA. Overexpression of SRp20 results in a reduction in the level of exon 4-skipped SRp20 transcripts and...
- Model System for Evaluation of Alternative Splicing: Exon Skipping. Yuan, Zhi-An; Chen, Enhong; Gibson, Carolyn W. // DNA & Cell Biology;Dec2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p807
Alternative splicing of the primary RNA transcript is a common mechanism for generating protein diversity. A model system was developed to study this process in vitro that is useful for evaluation of splicing of transcripts expressed in cells that do not grow well in culture. The system was used...
- A Strong Exonic Splicing Enhancer in Dystrophin Exon 19 Achieve Proper Splicing Without an Upstream Polypyrimidine Tract. Habara, Yasuaki; Doshita, Mari; Hirozawa, Sadako; Yokono, Yuka; Yagi, Mariko; Takeshima, Yasuhiro; Matsuo, Masafumi // Journal of Biochemistry;Mar2008, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p303
Proper splicing is known to proceed under the control of conserved cis-elements located at exonâ€“intron boundaries. Recently, it was shown that additional elements, such as exonic splicing enhancers (ESEs), are essential for the proper splicing of certain exons, in addition to the splice...
- Factors Involved in the Activation of Pre-mRNA Splicing from Downstream Splicing Enhancers1. Achsel, Tilmann; Shimura, Yoshiro // Journal of Biochemistry;1996, Vol. 120 Issue 1, p53
The excision of introns with weak polypyrimidine tracts at their 3â€² splice sites can be enhanced by sequence elements in the downstream exon or by a downstream 5â€² splice site. The enhancers inside the exon do not conform to a strict consensus, but they are generally rich in purines....
- RNA: Dissecting circular RNA biogenesis. Burgess, Darren J. // Nature Reviews Genetics;Nov2014, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p707
The article discusses research being done on RNA, which references the study "Complementary sequence-mediated exon circularization," by X.-O. Zhang and colleagues in the 2014 issue of the journal "Cell."
- Gene expression: Different ways to splice the cake. Lewis, Sian // Nature Reviews Neuroscience;Feb2015, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p68
The article discusses a study on alternative splicing and gene expression which references the article "A highly conserved program of neuronal microexons is misregulated in autistic brains," by M. Irimia and colleagues in the 2014 issue of the journal "Cell."
- Regulated Splicing of an Alternative Exon of beta-Tropomyosin Pre-mRNAs in Myogenic Cells Depends on the Strength of Pyrimidine-Rich Intronic Enhancer Elements. Pret, Anne-Marie; Balvay, Laurent; Fiszman, Marc Y. // DNA & Cell Biology;Sep99, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p671
Alternative splicing of chicken beta-tropomyosin (beta-TM) pre-mRNAs ensures that in nonmuscle cells, only exon 6A is expressed, whereas in skeletal muscle, exon 6B is utilized preferentially. We have previously shown that efficient splicing of the nonmuscle exon 6A requires two pyrimidine-rich...
- Combinations of Histone Modifications Mark Exon Inclusion Levels. Enroth, Stefan; Bornel�v, Susanne; Wadelius, Claes; Komorowski, Jan // PLoS ONE;Jan2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Splicing is a complex process regulated by sequence at the classical splice sites and other motifs in exons and introns with an enhancing or silencing effect. In addition, specific histone modifications on nucleosomes positioned over the exons have been shown to correlate both positively and...