Molecular Characterization of TgHBox4, a Drosophila Abd-B Homolog Found in the Sea Urchin Tripneustes gratilla
- Nucleosome exclusion from the interspecies-conserved central AT-rich region of the Ars insulator. Takagi, Haruna; Inai, Yuta; Watanabe, Shun-ichiro; Tatemoto, Sayuri; Yajima, Mamiko; Akasaka, Koji; Yamamoto, Takashi; Sakamoto, Naoaki // Journal of Biochemistry;Jan2012, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p75
The Ars insulator is a boundary element identified in the upstream region of the arylsulfatase (HpArs) gene in the sea urchin, Hemicentrotus pulcherrimus, and possesses the ability to both block enhancerâ€“promoter communications and protect transgenes from silent chromatin. To understand...
- DNAase Multiplicity in Sea Urchin Strongylocentrotus intermediusSpermatozoa. Sibirtsev, Yu. T.; Menzorova, N. I.; Shastina, V. V.; Rasskazov, V. A. // Doklady Biochemistry & Biophysics;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 376 Issue 1-6, p4
Presents a study which determined the amount and the types of DNAases contained in sea urchin Strongylocentrotus intermedius spermatozoa. Mechanism for the activation of DNAases; Properties of the purified DNAases; Role of DNAase in apoptosis.
- Chromosomal localization and molecular characterization of three different 5S ribosomal DNA clusters in the sea urchin Paracentrotus lividus. Caradonna, Fabio; Bellavia, Daniele; Clemente, Ann Maria; Sisino, Giorgia; Barbieri, Rainer // Genome;Sep2007, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p867
In this paper the chromosomal localization and molecular cloning and characterization of three 5S rDNA clusters of 700 bp (base pairs), 900 bp, and 950 bp in the sea urchin Paracentrotus lividus are reported. Southern blot hybridization demonstrated the existence of three 5S rDNA repeats of...
- Characterization, expression and localization of S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase from amphioxus Branchiostoma belcheri tsingtaunese. Yuan WANG; Bosheng ZHAO; Shicui ZHANG; Xiaojuan QU // Bioscience Reports;Jun2008, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p135
A cDNA clone encoding AmphiSAHH [amphioxus SAHH (S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase)] protein was isolated from a cDNA library from the gut of Branchiostoma belcheri tsingtaunese. It contained a 1305 bp open reading frame corresponding to a deduced protein of 434 amino acid residues, with a...
- Ready, Set, Clone! Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Odyssey;Mar2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p32
The article presents information on DNA cloning or DNA copying.
- Verification and initial annotation of the NIA mouse 15K cDNA clone set. Kargul, George J.; Dudekula, Dawood B.; Qian, Yong; Lim, Meng K.; Jaradat, Saied A.; Tanaka, Tetsuya S.; Carter, Mark G.; Ko, Minoru S.H. // Nature Genetics;May2001, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p17
Studies the verification and initial annotation of mouse chromosomal DNA clone set. Protein-coding information of the clones; Functional classification of the clones; Characterization of the clone set; Error rate for the verifiable clones.
- cDNA Cloning and Expression Analysis of a Novel Human F-Box Only Protein. Haipeng Cheng; Yushu Ma; Xiaohua Ni; Min Jiang; Lingchen Guo; Wei Jin; Weiwen Xu; Gentao Cao; Chaoneng Ji; Kang Ying; Shaohua Gu; Yuhong Ma; Yi Xie; Yumin Mao // Molecules & Cells (Springer Science & Business Media B.V.);2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p56
Provides information on a study that cloned cDNA and analyzed expression of a novel human F-box only (FBXO) protein. Nature of F-box proteins; Identification of the human FBXO16 cDNA; Gene structure and chromosomal localization of the human FBXO gene.
- Principles of DNA cloning. Miles, John S.; Wolf, C. Roland // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/21/89, Vol. 299 Issue 6706, p1019
Discusses the principles of DNA cloning. Description of DNA; Details of the general strategy for cloning; Complexity of human DNA.
- Pearl, a Novel Family of Putative Transposable Elements in Bivalve Mollusks. Gaffney, Patrick M.; Pierce, James C.; Mackinley, Antony G.; Titchen, Deborah A.; Glenn, Wendy K. // Journal of Molecular Evolution;Mar2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p308
While genome sequencing projects have discovered numerous types of transposable elements in diverse eukaryotes, there are many taxa of ecological and evolutionary significance that have received little attention, such as the molluscan class Bivalvia. Examination of a 0.7-MB genomic sequence...