An Efficient Procedure for Cloning Hormone-Responsive Genes from a Specific Tissue
- Molecular cloning and characterization of STAMP2, an androgen-regulated six transmembrane protein that is overexpressed in prostate cancer. Korkmaz, Ceren G.; Korkmaz, Kemal S.; Kurys, Piotr; Elbi, Cem; Ling Wang; Klokk, Tove I.; Hammarstrom, Clara; Troen, Gunhild; Svindland, Aud; Hager, Gordon L.; Saatcioglu, Fahri // Oncogene;7/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p4934
We have identified a novel gene, six transmembrane protein of prostate 2 (STAMP2), named for its high sequence similarity to the recently identified STAMP1 gene. STAMP2 displays a tissue-restricted expression with highest expression levels in placenta, lung, heart, and prostate and is predicted...
- Immunocytochemical Localization of Androgen Receptors in Human Skin Using Monoclonal Antibodies Against the Androgen Receptors. Liang, Tehming; Hoyer, Sheryl; Yu, Riley; Soltani, Keyoumars; Lorincz, Allan L.; Hiipakka, Richard A.; Liao, Shutsung // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;May93, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p663
Androgen receptors were localized in cryostat sections of human skin using monoclonal antibodies to the human androgen receptor. Bound antibodies were detected using biotinylated rabbit anti-rat IgG, peroxidase-conjugated streptavidin, and diaminobenzidine as chromogen. In the neonatal foreskin,...
- Molecular cloning of two types of spiggin cDNA in the three-spined stickleback,Gasterosteus aculeatus. Kawasaki, Fumie; Katsiadaki, Ioanna; Scott, Alexander; Matsubara, Takahiro; Osatomi, Kiyoshi; Soyano, Kiyoshi; Hara, Akihiko; Arizono, Koji; Nagae, Masaki // Fish Physiology & Biochemistry;Mar2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1-4, p425
Two types of spiggin cDNAs were isolated from the three-spined stickleback. Northern blot analysis revealed that glue protein is composed of multiple spiggin molecules, and that their synthesis in kidney is strongly up-regulated by androgens.
- Cloning and characterization of the thyroid iodide transporter. Dai, Ge; Levy, Orlie // Nature;2/1/1996, Vol. 379 Issue 6564, p458
Reports on the isolation of a complementary DNA clone that encodes the thyroid iodide transporter. Provision of a missing link in the thyroid hormone biosynthetic pathway; Nucleotide sequence of the sodium/iodide symport.
- Molecular cloning, characterization, and gene expression of the androgen receptor in the large yellow croaker, Larimichthys crocea. Pu, Lulu; Han, Kunhuang; Xie, Fangjing; Zou, Zhihua; Close, David; Zhang, Ziping; Wang, Yilei // Fish Physiology & Biochemistry;Apr2013, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p309
Androgens mediate a wide range of physiological responses and developmental processes in vertebrates, involving both reproductive and nonreproductive systems. The activity of androgens is mediated by the androgen receptor (AR), a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily. In this study, an AR...
- Expression and Molecular Cloning of Human Liver Leukotriene B4 omega-Hydroxylase (CYP4F2) Gene. Kikuta, Yasushi; Miyauchi, Yumiko; Kusunose, Emi; Kusunose, Masamichi // DNA & Cell Biology;Sep99, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p723
Human liver leukotriene B4 (LTB4) omega-hydroxylase (CYP4F2) plays an important role in the metabolic inactivation and degradation of LTB4, a potent mediator of inflammation. The regulatory mechanism for the transcription of CYP4F2 has not yet been clarified. Here, we report that CYP4F2 is...
- Molecular Cloning, Tissue Distribution, and Chromosomal Localization of MMEL2, a Gene Coding for a Novel Human Member of the Neutral Endopeptidase-24.11 Family. Bonvouloir, Nadia; Lemieux, Nicole; Crine, Philippe; Boileau, Guy; DesGroseillers, Luc // DNA & Cell Biology;Aug2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p493
Members of the neutral endopeptidase (NEP, also known as MME for membrane metallo-endopeptidase in the Human Gene Nomenclature database) family play significant roles in pain perception, arterial pressure regulation, phosphate metabolism, and homeostasis. In this paper, we report the cloning of...
- Common Sense Rules Findings. Stringleman, Hugh // New Zealand Forest Industries;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p51
Focuses on the stress management in forest management industry in New Zealand. Modification of genetically combined trees; Discovery of gene cloning fragment on DNA in novel organism; Emphasis on biotechnology enhancement on competitiveness and sustainability of growth rates.
- Sperm donors create super worker. // Personnel Today;1/22/2002, p60
Reports the sperm donor campaign of a company to create its own staff through gene cloning scheme.